Sherlock: Benedict Cumberbatch vs. Martin Freeman at Emmy 2014, Season 4 Update
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 15, 2014 7:27 PM EST
July has turned out to be a great month for the fans of "Sherlock." Earlier this month, BBC announced that it has renewed its hugely popular series for Season 4. It also confirmed the one-off bonus episode. Also, last week, Primetime Emmy nominations for this year were announced and "Sherlock" won some major nominations for the show as well as for its two leading actors, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch smiles as he arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 3, 2014.
"Sherlock" has scored a nomination in the Outstanding TV Movie category for "Sherlock" Season 3 finale episode, "His Last Vow." Also, Cumberbatch has earned a nomination for the Best Actor in a Miniseries or Movie for the same episode, while his co-actor, Freeman has bagged a Supporting Actor, Miniseries or Movie nomination for "Sherlock: His Last Vow."
Cumberbatch will have to beat his "Sherlock" co-actor to get hold of Emmy 2014 trophy, as in the Best Actor in a Miniseries or Movie category, Freeman has also been nominated, not for his role in "Sherlock" but for FX's "Fargo" for portraying the critically acclaimed role of Lester Nygaard.
"Thank you, people of Emmyland. To be nominated in such company is an honour, especially for two shows ["Sherlock" and "Fargo"] that I'm immensely proud of. I'm delighted," Freeman said, as quoted by Entertainment Weekly.
In his reaction, Cumberbatch said, "That's amazing news to start the day with here in Boston! An early birthday present. I'm honoured to be in such great company, not least Martin. Thrilled for all who make Sherlock and especially those who have been nominated in so many categories."
"Sherlock" Season 4 Update:
The special one-off episode is schedule to begin production in January 2015. There are speculations that it may air on Chistmas 2015. The cast and crew are expected to begin filming the three episodes of Season 4 in the latter half of 2015. The announcement of Season 4 production dates depends upon the busy acting schedules of Freeman and Cumberbatch.
"It's always special to return to Sherlock but this time it's even more special as we're doing...a Special! Not only THAT, we'll then be shooting three more episodes which will take Sherlock and John Watson into deeper and darker water than ever before...The whole 'Sherlock' team are terrifically excited to return for four new adventures. The Game is on - again!" Mark Gatiss, co-creator of "Sherlock," said in a statement.
"Sherlock" Season 4 is speculated to premiere in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown