Sherlock: Benedict Cumberbatch vs. Martin Freeman at Emmy 2014, Season 4 Update
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 15, 2014 7:27 PM EST
July has turned out to be a great month for the fans of "Sherlock." Earlier this month, BBC announced that it has renewed its hugely popular series for Season 4. It also confirmed the one-off bonus episode. Also, last week, Primetime Emmy nominations for this year were announced and "Sherlock" won some major nominations for the show as well as for its two leading actors, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch smiles as he arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 3, 2014.
"Sherlock" has scored a nomination in the Outstanding TV Movie category for "Sherlock" Season 3 finale episode, "His Last Vow." Also, Cumberbatch has earned a nomination for the Best Actor in a Miniseries or Movie for the same episode, while his co-actor, Freeman has bagged a Supporting Actor, Miniseries or Movie nomination for "Sherlock: His Last Vow."
Cumberbatch will have to beat his "Sherlock" co-actor to get hold of Emmy 2014 trophy, as in the Best Actor in a Miniseries or Movie category, Freeman has also been nominated, not for his role in "Sherlock" but for FX's "Fargo" for portraying the critically acclaimed role of Lester Nygaard.
"Thank you, people of Emmyland. To be nominated in such company is an honour, especially for two shows ["Sherlock" and "Fargo"] that I'm immensely proud of. I'm delighted," Freeman said, as quoted by Entertainment Weekly.
In his reaction, Cumberbatch said, "That's amazing news to start the day with here in Boston! An early birthday present. I'm honoured to be in such great company, not least Martin. Thrilled for all who make Sherlock and especially those who have been nominated in so many categories."
"Sherlock" Season 4 Update:
The special one-off episode is schedule to begin production in January 2015. There are speculations that it may air on Chistmas 2015. The cast and crew are expected to begin filming the three episodes of Season 4 in the latter half of 2015. The announcement of Season 4 production dates depends upon the busy acting schedules of Freeman and Cumberbatch.
"It's always special to return to Sherlock but this time it's even more special as we're doing...a Special! Not only THAT, we'll then be shooting three more episodes which will take Sherlock and John Watson into deeper and darker water than ever before...The whole 'Sherlock' team are terrifically excited to return for four new adventures. The Game is on - again!" Mark Gatiss, co-creator of "Sherlock," said in a statement.
"Sherlock" Season 4 is speculated to premiere in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery