Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Divorce Reports Debunked: Couple has Healthy Relationship In spite of Media Pressure
By Sonalee singh | July 15, 2014 6:52 PM EST
"Man of Steel" actor Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner are not heading for divorce, as previously reported. In a recent interview, Garner confessed that her life with Affleck is normal and is like any other peaceful family.
Director Ben Affleck holds his best picture award for his film "Argo" at the 2013 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California in this file photo taken February 25, 2013. Affleck was banned earlier this week from playing blackjack at the Hard Rock casino in Las Vegas because he was "too good," a source close to the Oscar-winner said on Friday.
Garner sat for an interview with Hello Magazine (via En Starz) suggesting that she is the chief manager of the family.
"I always think I'm the chief executive officer of our household," the actress told the brit magazine, adding, "There's nothing like brain surgery about it- it's all logistics and schedules and remembering to pack lunches and who has a karate lesson after school and thinking about what food we already have in the refrigerator and what I need to buy more of to cook dinner."
Garner further hinted in her interview that as husband and wife, she and Ben have divided their duties and there are certain things regarding the household, which her husband might not even remember.
"It's the boring nonsense of an average family life, but somebody has to do it," said Jen further to the mag, adding, "I was writing cheques this morning to various people who have done things around the house and I started to laugh because I suddenly thought: 'You know, I bet Ben doesn't even know this person's last name, let alone how much we pay them.' But that's how we divide our jobs."
Garner and Affleck had made it to a lot of news lately. It was being said that Garner is facing troubles with Affleck's alleged gambling addiction. Added reports claim that Affleck does not like the ordinary dressing sense of Garner. But from the interview it seems that things are on track for the couple and just like any other Hollywood couple, they are under constant scrutiny and pressure.
"It's something we pay attention to, yes, but that's as much because we've been together for ten years as it is about Hollywood. We want to be a healthy couple and to make time for us as well as for the children and we find a way to do that," explained Garner about the pressure they face being a Hollywood couple.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 New Teaser Video, Spoilers: ‘Don’t Hesitate, They Won’t’
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation