Swedish Duo Icona Pop Call Miley Cyrus Crazy Yet Professionally Smart Woman
By nidhi tewari | July 15, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has a new fan and it is none other than Swedish duo Icona Pop. Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo have called the "Wrecking Ball" songstress as an "amazing" and "down to earth" person. Icona Pop performed on Miley's latest "Bangerz" tour and the experience has let them get to know Miley more.
REUTERS/Maja Suslin/TT News Ag
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs during her concert at the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, in this May 30, 2014 picture provided by TT News Agency.
"She's such an amazing girl. Super down-to-earth and caring," the duo revealed to E! Online in an interview. "It was such a good vibe [on tour] and she's so hard working. She really inspired us. She's really really cool."
Miley's recent controversial "Bangerz" concert had Icona Pop and Sky Ferriera performing for the audience. The tour kicked off in style at the Valentine's Day on February 14 with Miley making a grand entry on a hot dog. The 21-year-old generated controversy by various antics like spitting on the audience by filling water in her mouth, simulating oral sex on a Bill Clinton look-alike, wearing several crotch-revealing dresses among other things.
However, the Swedish DJ duo is still quite impressed with Miley as a person and praises her for her commitment to the concert.
"I think the best thing with her is that she grew up in a family that was kind of famous so the best part about her is that she knows how to combine fun with work as well," they said. "She would never risk a show by going out the night before but if she was free the night after, she would definitely go out and have a good time."
The pair also dwelled on Miley's professionalism and commended her for checking all the technical glitches before the show and planning all the fun stuff in advance. They call Miley a "crazy" person but also feel she is a smart woman who does everything on stage with a purpose.
"....She's crazy and she's fun but that's her expressing herself on stage and in her music. But she's really a smart woman and everything on stage...was her idea," the duo revealed during the interview.
"She's the boss of everything and it's just very inspiring to be around someone who's having a lot of fun because she's doing stuff her way and with her friends and her crew, but in a very professional way," they added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect