Swedish Duo Icona Pop Call Miley Cyrus Crazy Yet Professionally Smart Woman
By nidhi tewari | July 15, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has a new fan and it is none other than Swedish duo Icona Pop. Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo have called the "Wrecking Ball" songstress as an "amazing" and "down to earth" person. Icona Pop performed on Miley's latest "Bangerz" tour and the experience has let them get to know Miley more.
REUTERS/Maja Suslin/TT News Ag
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs during her concert at the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm, in this May 30, 2014 picture provided by TT News Agency.
"She's such an amazing girl. Super down-to-earth and caring," the duo revealed to E! Online in an interview. "It was such a good vibe [on tour] and she's so hard working. She really inspired us. She's really really cool."
Miley's recent controversial "Bangerz" concert had Icona Pop and Sky Ferriera performing for the audience. The tour kicked off in style at the Valentine's Day on February 14 with Miley making a grand entry on a hot dog. The 21-year-old generated controversy by various antics like spitting on the audience by filling water in her mouth, simulating oral sex on a Bill Clinton look-alike, wearing several crotch-revealing dresses among other things.
However, the Swedish DJ duo is still quite impressed with Miley as a person and praises her for her commitment to the concert.
"I think the best thing with her is that she grew up in a family that was kind of famous so the best part about her is that she knows how to combine fun with work as well," they said. "She would never risk a show by going out the night before but if she was free the night after, she would definitely go out and have a good time."
The pair also dwelled on Miley's professionalism and commended her for checking all the technical glitches before the show and planning all the fun stuff in advance. They call Miley a "crazy" person but also feel she is a smart woman who does everything on stage with a purpose.
"....She's crazy and she's fun but that's her expressing herself on stage and in her music. But she's really a smart woman and everything on stage...was her idea," the duo revealed during the interview.
"She's the boss of everything and it's just very inspiring to be around someone who's having a lot of fun because she's doing stuff her way and with her friends and her crew, but in a very professional way," they added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year