‘Kim Kardashian Hollywood’ Video Game a Huge Success: Reality Star to Earn in Millions from Sales
By nidhi tewari | July 15, 2014 5:53 PM EST
It seems that everything that has the name Kim Kardashian attached to it becomes a cash earning entity. The latest example is that of her new video game called "Kim Kardashian Hollywood," which was launched some time back on Apple and Google's virtual stores. The 33-year-old reality star is set to earn millions from the game, which now ranks number three at the iTunes chart.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Kim's video game has been downloaded heavily ever since it was launched on June 25 and the reality star is set to earn $200 million in annual sales from the venture. The game is based on Kim's personal experiences of how to become a celebrity and has been touted as the most successful free app game of the year by Bloomberg.
"It might be our biggest game of the year," Chief Executive Officer Niccolo de Masi said in an interview to Bloomberg. "We're not surprised. Kim is a one-of-a-kind talent with an incredibly precise fit to the game engine that we tailored but already had in the company."
Kim has previously invested in clothing stores, jewelry and cosmetics but her latest venture of video game is seen as her most successful one ever. The mommy to North West is quite excited about the success of the game too.
"This project has been an amazing experience. I'm so excited that people are enjoying the game!," the reality star revealed to Kim told E! News further dishing out statistical details of the game.
"I partnered last year with a fantastic company called Glu Mobile to create what is now the No. 3 Free and No. 5 Grossing game on the Apple App Store. We collaborated on every aspect of the game's design details and continue to do so with the updates we are bringing out," added Kim.
The game is free to download but the players can also purchase additional items for real money, or earn them through special offers. "Join KIM KARDASHIAN on a red carpet adventure in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood! Create your own aspiring celebrity and rise to fame and fortune!" says the game description. Along with the description comes the animated version of the new brunette wife of Kanye West and it quite looks like the real thing itself with all curves intact! Read more about it here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]