MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 50 The Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 15, 2014 5:46 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 50 aired on Monday, July 14, 2014. As part of the Heston Week, English celebrity chef and The Fat Duck restaurant owner Chef Heston Blumenthal was still on hand to challenge the remaining contestants (Amy Shields, Ben Macdonald, Brent Owens, Emelia Jackson, Jamie Fleming, Laura Cassai and Tracy Collins). This time, they had the Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal. They had to cook it without using a recipe! Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 50.
In "MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 50, Amy, Ben, Brent, Emelia, Jamie, Laura and Tracy had to cook one of Chef Blumenthal's specialties which is the beetroot risotto. Chef Blumenthal cooked with them and they had to follow him as he cooked because they don't have a recipe to rely on. Plus, they were all pressured for time because they had to finish cooking the beetroot risotto at the same time Chef Blumenthal finishes cooking it!
Aside from the beetroot risotto, they also had to prepare ice cream and use Heston's famous technique of adding liquid nitrogen to it.
Again, "MasterChef Australia" 6 judges Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris were there to oversee the challenge as Chef Blumenthal guides the Top 7 "MasterChef Australia" Season 6 contestants in making his beetroot risotto dish.
Click HERE to see the recipe for Chef Heston Blumenthal's Beetroot Risotto.
Click HERE to see Chef Blumenthal's other recipes including The Perfect...Scrambled Eggs, Tagliata Steak, The Essential... Flourless Mustard Sauce, Roasted Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Rosemary and Anchovy and Sorbet.
Click HERE to see photos of Heston Week from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 50 which featured the Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal. It was shown on July 14, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, health, finance, sports, technology and business.
Watch the video below of Chef Heston Blumenthal and his Risotto:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage