MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 50 The Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 15, 2014 5:46 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 50 aired on Monday, July 14, 2014. As part of the Heston Week, English celebrity chef and The Fat Duck restaurant owner Chef Heston Blumenthal was still on hand to challenge the remaining contestants (Amy Shields, Ben Macdonald, Brent Owens, Emelia Jackson, Jamie Fleming, Laura Cassai and Tracy Collins). This time, they had the Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal. They had to cook it without using a recipe! Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 50.
In "MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 50, Amy, Ben, Brent, Emelia, Jamie, Laura and Tracy had to cook one of Chef Blumenthal's specialties which is the beetroot risotto. Chef Blumenthal cooked with them and they had to follow him as he cooked because they don't have a recipe to rely on. Plus, they were all pressured for time because they had to finish cooking the beetroot risotto at the same time Chef Blumenthal finishes cooking it!
Aside from the beetroot risotto, they also had to prepare ice cream and use Heston's famous technique of adding liquid nitrogen to it.
Again, "MasterChef Australia" 6 judges Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris were there to oversee the challenge as Chef Blumenthal guides the Top 7 "MasterChef Australia" Season 6 contestants in making his beetroot risotto dish.
Click HERE to see the recipe for Chef Heston Blumenthal's Beetroot Risotto.
Click HERE to see Chef Blumenthal's other recipes including The Perfect...Scrambled Eggs, Tagliata Steak, The Essential... Flourless Mustard Sauce, Roasted Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Rosemary and Anchovy and Sorbet.
Click HERE to see photos of Heston Week from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 50 which featured the Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal. It was shown on July 14, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, health, finance, sports, technology and business.
Watch the video below of Chef Heston Blumenthal and his Risotto:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’