MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 50 The Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 15, 2014 5:46 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 50 aired on Monday, July 14, 2014. As part of the Heston Week, English celebrity chef and The Fat Duck restaurant owner Chef Heston Blumenthal was still on hand to challenge the remaining contestants (Amy Shields, Ben Macdonald, Brent Owens, Emelia Jackson, Jamie Fleming, Laura Cassai and Tracy Collins). This time, they had the Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal. They had to cook it without using a recipe! Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 50.
In "MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 50, Amy, Ben, Brent, Emelia, Jamie, Laura and Tracy had to cook one of Chef Blumenthal's specialties which is the beetroot risotto. Chef Blumenthal cooked with them and they had to follow him as he cooked because they don't have a recipe to rely on. Plus, they were all pressured for time because they had to finish cooking the beetroot risotto at the same time Chef Blumenthal finishes cooking it!
Aside from the beetroot risotto, they also had to prepare ice cream and use Heston's famous technique of adding liquid nitrogen to it.
Again, "MasterChef Australia" 6 judges Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris were there to oversee the challenge as Chef Blumenthal guides the Top 7 "MasterChef Australia" Season 6 contestants in making his beetroot risotto dish.
Click HERE to see the recipe for Chef Heston Blumenthal's Beetroot Risotto.
Click HERE to see Chef Blumenthal's other recipes including The Perfect...Scrambled Eggs, Tagliata Steak, The Essential... Flourless Mustard Sauce, Roasted Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Rosemary and Anchovy and Sorbet.
Click HERE to see photos of Heston Week from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 50 which featured the Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal. It was shown on July 14, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, health, finance, sports, technology and business.
Watch the video below of Chef Heston Blumenthal and his Risotto:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design