MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 50 The Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 15, 2014 5:46 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 50 aired on Monday, July 14, 2014. As part of the Heston Week, English celebrity chef and The Fat Duck restaurant owner Chef Heston Blumenthal was still on hand to challenge the remaining contestants (Amy Shields, Ben Macdonald, Brent Owens, Emelia Jackson, Jamie Fleming, Laura Cassai and Tracy Collins). This time, they had the Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal. They had to cook it without using a recipe! Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 50.
In "MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 50, Amy, Ben, Brent, Emelia, Jamie, Laura and Tracy had to cook one of Chef Blumenthal's specialties which is the beetroot risotto. Chef Blumenthal cooked with them and they had to follow him as he cooked because they don't have a recipe to rely on. Plus, they were all pressured for time because they had to finish cooking the beetroot risotto at the same time Chef Blumenthal finishes cooking it!
Aside from the beetroot risotto, they also had to prepare ice cream and use Heston's famous technique of adding liquid nitrogen to it.
Again, "MasterChef Australia" 6 judges Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris were there to oversee the challenge as Chef Blumenthal guides the Top 7 "MasterChef Australia" Season 6 contestants in making his beetroot risotto dish.
Click HERE to see the recipe for Chef Heston Blumenthal's Beetroot Risotto.
Click HERE to see Chef Blumenthal's other recipes including The Perfect...Scrambled Eggs, Tagliata Steak, The Essential... Flourless Mustard Sauce, Roasted Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Rosemary and Anchovy and Sorbet.
Click HERE to see photos of Heston Week from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 50 which featured the Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal. It was shown on July 14, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, health, finance, sports, technology and business.
Watch the video below of Chef Heston Blumenthal and his Risotto:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia