MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 50 The Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 15, 2014 5:46 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 50 aired on Monday, July 14, 2014. As part of the Heston Week, English celebrity chef and The Fat Duck restaurant owner Chef Heston Blumenthal was still on hand to challenge the remaining contestants (Amy Shields, Ben Macdonald, Brent Owens, Emelia Jackson, Jamie Fleming, Laura Cassai and Tracy Collins). This time, they had the Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal. They had to cook it without using a recipe! Wondering what else happened in this episode? If you want to find out, read on for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 50.
In "MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 50, Amy, Ben, Brent, Emelia, Jamie, Laura and Tracy had to cook one of Chef Blumenthal's specialties which is the beetroot risotto. Chef Blumenthal cooked with them and they had to follow him as he cooked because they don't have a recipe to rely on. Plus, they were all pressured for time because they had to finish cooking the beetroot risotto at the same time Chef Blumenthal finishes cooking it!
Aside from the beetroot risotto, they also had to prepare ice cream and use Heston's famous technique of adding liquid nitrogen to it.
Again, "MasterChef Australia" 6 judges Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris were there to oversee the challenge as Chef Blumenthal guides the Top 7 "MasterChef Australia" Season 6 contestants in making his beetroot risotto dish.
Click HERE to see the recipe for Chef Heston Blumenthal's Beetroot Risotto.
Click HERE to see Chef Blumenthal's other recipes including The Perfect...Scrambled Eggs, Tagliata Steak, The Essential... Flourless Mustard Sauce, Roasted Leg of Lamb with Garlic, Rosemary and Anchovy and Sorbet.
Click HERE to see photos of Heston Week from the official Web site gallery of "MasterChef Australia."
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 50 which featured the Beetroot Risotto Cook-Off with Chef Heston Blumenthal. It was shown on July 14, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for more updates about your favourite Australian cooking competition and other news about entertainment, health, finance, sports, technology and business.
Watch the video below of Chef Heston Blumenthal and his Risotto:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown