Orange Is The New Black Cancelled: Hoax Goes Viral After News of Feud Between Kohan and Hastings Surfaces
By Sonalee singh | July 15, 2014 5:44 PM EST
The fans of "Orange is the New Black" were taken by surprise when news regarding its cancelation went viral on the Internet. The show, which has been recently renewed for third season, is reported to have been cancelled by Netflix.
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
"We regret to inform Netflix members that Orange is the New Black has been permanently cancelled. Also, starting September 1st, 2014, past episodes will no longer be available for streaming on Netflix," a report from Empire news reads as per Hollywoodlife.
The article further explained the reason for the show's cancellation saying that a feud happened between Netflix co-founder Hastings and Jenji Cohan.
"Netflix co-founder Hastings and show creator Jenji Kohan came to a head after Hastings insisted to Kohan that there be more male leads in the show," the source reportedly told the Web site as per Hollywoodlife, adding, "He displayed his displeasure with how the show represents women ... 'A woman's place is in the home, in the kitchen, taking care of children.'"
However, the news of cancellation later proved to be a hoax as Empire News is a fake news generator and all its stories are purely a work of fiction.
"Empire News is a satirical and entertainment website. We only use invented names in all our stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental," the Web site's disclaimer reads.
Fans were happy to know that news of "OITNB's" cancellation is fake.
Meanwhile, it is said that Laura Prepon would be seen full time in the new season. Prepon plays the role of Alex Vause on the show, had very less to do in season 2 of the show and that reportedly saddened her.
"It sucked because [show creator] Jenji Kohan and I wanted me to be in it more, but with the schedule, it didn't happen," Laura opened up to Us Weekly, "I was so bummed out. But I handled it, so I'm in every [episode] in season three. It is so good."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools