Orange Is The New Black Cancelled: Hoax Goes Viral After News of Feud Between Kohan and Hastings Surfaces
By Sonalee singh | July 15, 2014 5:44 PM EST
The fans of "Orange is the New Black" were taken by surprise when news regarding its cancelation went viral on the Internet. The show, which has been recently renewed for third season, is reported to have been cancelled by Netflix.
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
"We regret to inform Netflix members that Orange is the New Black has been permanently cancelled. Also, starting September 1st, 2014, past episodes will no longer be available for streaming on Netflix," a report from Empire news reads as per Hollywoodlife.
The article further explained the reason for the show's cancellation saying that a feud happened between Netflix co-founder Hastings and Jenji Cohan.
"Netflix co-founder Hastings and show creator Jenji Kohan came to a head after Hastings insisted to Kohan that there be more male leads in the show," the source reportedly told the Web site as per Hollywoodlife, adding, "He displayed his displeasure with how the show represents women ... 'A woman's place is in the home, in the kitchen, taking care of children.'"
However, the news of cancellation later proved to be a hoax as Empire News is a fake news generator and all its stories are purely a work of fiction.
"Empire News is a satirical and entertainment website. We only use invented names in all our stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental," the Web site's disclaimer reads.
Fans were happy to know that news of "OITNB's" cancellation is fake.
Meanwhile, it is said that Laura Prepon would be seen full time in the new season. Prepon plays the role of Alex Vause on the show, had very less to do in season 2 of the show and that reportedly saddened her.
"It sucked because [show creator] Jenji Kohan and I wanted me to be in it more, but with the schedule, it didn't happen," Laura opened up to Us Weekly, "I was so bummed out. But I handled it, so I'm in every [episode] in season three. It is so good."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage