Orange Is The New Black Cancelled: Hoax Goes Viral After News of Feud Between Kohan and Hastings Surfaces
By Sonalee singh | July 15, 2014 5:44 PM EST
The fans of "Orange is the New Black" were taken by surprise when news regarding its cancelation went viral on the Internet. The show, which has been recently renewed for third season, is reported to have been cancelled by Netflix.
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
"We regret to inform Netflix members that Orange is the New Black has been permanently cancelled. Also, starting September 1st, 2014, past episodes will no longer be available for streaming on Netflix," a report from Empire news reads as per Hollywoodlife.
The article further explained the reason for the show's cancellation saying that a feud happened between Netflix co-founder Hastings and Jenji Cohan.
"Netflix co-founder Hastings and show creator Jenji Kohan came to a head after Hastings insisted to Kohan that there be more male leads in the show," the source reportedly told the Web site as per Hollywoodlife, adding, "He displayed his displeasure with how the show represents women ... 'A woman's place is in the home, in the kitchen, taking care of children.'"
However, the news of cancellation later proved to be a hoax as Empire News is a fake news generator and all its stories are purely a work of fiction.
"Empire News is a satirical and entertainment website. We only use invented names in all our stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental," the Web site's disclaimer reads.
Fans were happy to know that news of "OITNB's" cancellation is fake.
Meanwhile, it is said that Laura Prepon would be seen full time in the new season. Prepon plays the role of Alex Vause on the show, had very less to do in season 2 of the show and that reportedly saddened her.
"It sucked because [show creator] Jenji Kohan and I wanted me to be in it more, but with the schedule, it didn't happen," Laura opened up to Us Weekly, "I was so bummed out. But I handled it, so I'm in every [episode] in season three. It is so good."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia