Selena Gomez Hits Back at Instagram Bully Due to Cancer Comment, Bully Forced to Delete Her Instagram Account
By nidhi tewari | July 15, 2014 5:43 PM EST
Selena Gomez has made it clear via Instagram that she will not tolerate bullying and insensitive comments from anyone. It so happened that an Instagram user by the name of "Official.Kerry" reportedly left a comment on "Come and Get It" singer's Instagram page where she wished that Selena should "burn in hell with cancer." For Selena, the mention of the word cancer did not go really well and she fought back by posting on her page.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
Selena posted a screenshot of her comment page where she advised "Official.Kerry" to get some education about the disease she watched so closely and also pronounced that she will not tolerate bullying in any form. She called the comment as "absurd and distasteful."
"The comment you left about cancer was absurd. How distasteful of a young woman. I have gone through that battle with fans and family members. You can dislike someone but to wish something that could happen to you or your family is uncalled for sweetheart. You won't be winning 'anyone's' heart that way. Trust me. Educate yourself a tad more. God bless love. Be an amazing woman. You're beautiful," Selena wrote in the comment section of the unknown Instagram user, who had to now delete her account.
Selena's post has been liked more than fourty thousand times and her fans have stood by her side calling her attempt to stop cyber-bullying as "brave" and "heroic."
"Honestly, I don't speak up much because it's simply *always* taken out of context. But I don't take bullying well. I have seen too much to not say anything," the 21-year-old captioned the photo of her screenshot. It is not very clear what exact words did Selena had to face as the Instagram user has been forced to shut down her account because of the incident.
However one Instagram user named sabrina_dania has lashed out at Selena Gomez for forcing the Instagram user Official Kerry to shut her account.
"I get that what she said was distasteful but you don't f*cking call out a girl on her comment bc now look she had to cancel her account because of you. You ruined her life, the least you could do was block her picture. Instead you made it public. Now she's probably going through depression out there somewhere while you're out buying a new Lamborghini with your filthy rich *ss. I hope you're happy," sabrina_dania wrote on her account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Scandal Season 4 Update: Premiere Episode Title Revealed, A Different New Season
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand