OnePlus One Almost Beats Sony Xperia Z2 in Battery Life Test
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 15, 2014 5:43 PM EST
The Sony Xperia Z2 was unbeatable among its peers like Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, and LG G3 when it comes to battery. The handset touted a solid 8 hours and 10 minutes on the custom battery life test. The OnePlus One, on the other hand, known for its terrific features and solid under the hood performance was able to shake things up in the recent custom battery life test conducted by Phone Arena.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. REUTERS/Toru Hanai
The Xperia Z2 comes packed with a superior 3200 mAh battery unit, whereas the OnePlus One houses a relatively lesser 3100 mAh battery unit. With the results of the custom battery test unwrapped, it is clear that OnePlus One is neck and neck with the Xperia Z2. The OnePlus One handset scored 8 hours and 5 minutes when compared to Sony Xperia Z2's 8 hours and 10 minutes.
With a relatively lesser battery capacity, the OnePlus One stood on its own near the intimidating Sony device. Therefore, it is a good start for the OnePlus One, which aims to fight it out with the top-sellers.
It is worth mentioning that, the OnePlus One requires charging once every two days, elucidates Phone Arena. In addition, upon subjecting the handset to battery life saving mechanisms like switching off the 3G connections and Wi-Fi can aide in prolonging the battery life.
According to the custom battery test, the Samsung Galaxy S5 with 2800 mAh battery unit comes close with 7 hours and 38 minutes, whereas the HTC One M8 equipped with 2600 mAh battery unit stands at 7 hours and 12 minutes. The recent addition to the list, the 5.5-inches LG G3 bundled with 3000 mAh battery cell could sustain only 6 hours and 14 minutes. It is worth noting that, in the high-end phones list, OnePlus One and LG G3 are the two phones to flaunt phablet-like 5.5-inches screen.
Here is a quick view of OnePlus One's killer specifications:
- 5.5 inches IPS LCD display with 1,080 x 1,920 pixels resolution and 401 ppi pixel density
- Magnesium exterior
- Thickness: 0.35 inches and Weight: 162 g
- Quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processors, clocked at 2.5 GHz
- 3 GB of RAM
- Unique combination of Android v4.4 KitKat OS with CyanogenMod 11S UI
- 16 GB and 64 GB internal storage
- No microSD card support
- 13 MP rear-facing cameras with dual-LED flash and 5 MP secondary camera
- Supports 4K (3,840 x 2,160) video capture
- Non-removable 3100 mAh battery unit
- Supports NFC and Bluetooth v4.1 (Note the version number)
- Colour: silk white and sandstone black
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced