Analysts Recommend 3 Retirement-Friendly Dividend Stocks
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 15, 2014 5:13 PM EST
Finance experts have reiterated time and again that relying on savings to fund one's retirement is not advisable because inflation eats up the actual value of a person's retirement nest.
An investor yawns in front of an electronic board showing stock information at a brokerage house in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province June 19, 2014. China shares had their biggest daily losses in more than seven weeks on Thursday, as the diversion of a sizable amount of capital for initial public offerings continued to weigh on markets. REUTERS/Stringer (CHINA - Tags: BUSINESS) CHINA OUT. NO COMMERCIAL OR EDITORIAL SALES IN CHINA
The situation is compounded by the low interest rates that banks offer, and there is little chance that interest rates would go up soon.
So while still employed or engaged in business, experts recommend that if you have spare cash, it is wise to invest in stocks. But it takes more than spare funds to invest in stocks. One must listen to advice from analysts, economists, brokers and other money experts, including online investment educators like InvestView (OTCQB: INVU), a Red Bank, New Jersey-based company that has made it the firm's mission to make available to the public products that would help individual investors find, analyze, track and manage their portfolio.
Among the examples cited are National Australia Bank (ASX: NAB), Westpac Banking Corp (ASX: WBC) and Telstra Corporation (ASX: TLS), which yield 8.5 per cent, 6.8 per cent and 7.7 per cent, respectively, grossed-up dividends.
But it warned that NAB, while it has a huge payout, has bad commercial loan portfolio that drags earnings thereby the threat of lower cash profits very real. This explains why analysts did not give it a "buy" recommendation.
Ninemsn also cited NAB and BHP Billiton (ASX: BHP) as Australian publicly listed companies with generous dividend yields, but their share price performance in the past five years are causing some investors to lose sleep.
In lieu of NAB and BHP, the article recommended other stocks that provide long-term gains and income.
These include M2 Group (ASX: MTU), a retail telecommunications player, which appears primed for market outperformance in the coming years; ResMedInc (ASX: RMD), which develops and markets products for respiratory disorder management; and Macquarie Group (ASX: MQG), which has a focus on Asia's growing middle class and expanding its specialist knowledge in various areas such as commodities, mergers and acquisitions, mortgages, banking and funds management.
M2, owner of the brands Dodo, Primus, Eftel and Commander, trades on a forward P/E ratio f 12 and dividend yield of 3.8 percent fully franked.
ResMed shares are good investments because the company's market continues to grow as more people seek help for respiratory disorders like sleep apnoea.
While listening to the sage advise of these stock market experts would be of big help, retail investors should also learn the basics of stock trading to help validate what analysts state.
By using InvestView's resources, investors could receive subscription-based financial education courses delivered through the company's web site.
Investview also has web-based tools designed to simplify stock research and improve the investor's research efficiency. Among such tools is Market Point, made up of Charts, Stock Watch, Market, Calendar and Campus.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS