Homeland Season 4 Update, Spoilers: First Teaser Trailer Released Plus Other Details [Watch Video]
By jaskiran kaur | July 15, 2014 3:53 PM EST
"Homeland" Season 4 will not air until later this year. However, spoilers and updates on Showtime's political thriller have begun to surface. The much-awaited first teaser trailer has also been released by the network, recently. Scroll down to the watch the video and learn more about the upcoming season. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains potential spoilers from "Homeland" Season 4. Read at your own risk.
Claire Danes starrer, Emmy Award nominated show "Homeland" Season 3 ended with shocker in Dec. 2013. Brody's (Damian Lewis) death has left fans anxious about the show's future. Fans know that with Brody gone, Carrie is now left with his baby to take care of and in search of a new operation.
On July 13, Showtime released "Homeland" Season 4's first teaser trailer that also surfaced on video sharing Web site YouTube.com. The video gives a glimpse at the leading lady Carrie Mattison as portrayed by Claire Danes. Traversing through the streets of an Islamic country (either Afghanistan or Pakistan), Carrie can be seen working on her new mission.
At the same time, first photo from the show was released by Entertainment Weekly. "Homeland" Season 4 will see many of its main cast members reprising the role along with some new characters. While Claire Danes will assume the leading role, Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor's roles will take a backseat. Rupert Friend and Mandy Patinkin will return as series regulars along with Tracy Letts. Laila Robins and Nazanin Boniadi is the latest addition to the main cast members. Fans will get to see some fresh faces including Corey Stoll, Michael O'Keefe, Raza Jaffrey and Suraj Sharma.
Recently, "Homeland" creator Alex Gansa revealed some significant details about season 4. In an interview with EW, he revealed exactly what "Homeland" Season 4 is about. According to Gansa, for the first time ever viewers will see Carrie doing what "she was trained to do." In a foreign capital, Carrie will operate as case officer. The show will focus on her role as intelligence officer on the ground.
"How she recruits assets, how she deals with the foreign government and her country team - the people she works with in the embassy - and the host country's intelligence services," revealed Alex Gansa.
"Homeland" Season 4 kicks off six months after Carrie's delivery but she continues "managing her grief about losing Brody." As for Mandy Patinkin's Saul Berenson, he will reportedly be seen in the central role but his association with Carrie will undergo a change.
The creator also revealed details about "Life of Pi" actor Suraj Sharma's role. He will reportedly portray the role of a medical student. Meanwhile, Michael O'Keefe will be seen as Deputy Chief of Mission in Islamabad.
"Homeland" Season 4 is expected to premiere in fall 2014 showing 12 episodes. Watch the first teaser trailer below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border