Homeland Season 4 Update, Spoilers: First Teaser Trailer Released Plus Other Details [Watch Video]
By jaskiran kaur | July 15, 2014 3:53 PM EST
"Homeland" Season 4 will not air until later this year. However, spoilers and updates on Showtime's political thriller have begun to surface. The much-awaited first teaser trailer has also been released by the network, recently. Scroll down to the watch the video and learn more about the upcoming season. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains potential spoilers from "Homeland" Season 4. Read at your own risk.
Claire Danes starrer, Emmy Award nominated show "Homeland" Season 3 ended with shocker in Dec. 2013. Brody's (Damian Lewis) death has left fans anxious about the show's future. Fans know that with Brody gone, Carrie is now left with his baby to take care of and in search of a new operation.
On July 13, Showtime released "Homeland" Season 4's first teaser trailer that also surfaced on video sharing Web site YouTube.com. The video gives a glimpse at the leading lady Carrie Mattison as portrayed by Claire Danes. Traversing through the streets of an Islamic country (either Afghanistan or Pakistan), Carrie can be seen working on her new mission.
At the same time, first photo from the show was released by Entertainment Weekly. "Homeland" Season 4 will see many of its main cast members reprising the role along with some new characters. While Claire Danes will assume the leading role, Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor's roles will take a backseat. Rupert Friend and Mandy Patinkin will return as series regulars along with Tracy Letts. Laila Robins and Nazanin Boniadi is the latest addition to the main cast members. Fans will get to see some fresh faces including Corey Stoll, Michael O'Keefe, Raza Jaffrey and Suraj Sharma.
Recently, "Homeland" creator Alex Gansa revealed some significant details about season 4. In an interview with EW, he revealed exactly what "Homeland" Season 4 is about. According to Gansa, for the first time ever viewers will see Carrie doing what "she was trained to do." In a foreign capital, Carrie will operate as case officer. The show will focus on her role as intelligence officer on the ground.
"How she recruits assets, how she deals with the foreign government and her country team - the people she works with in the embassy - and the host country's intelligence services," revealed Alex Gansa.
"Homeland" Season 4 kicks off six months after Carrie's delivery but she continues "managing her grief about losing Brody." As for Mandy Patinkin's Saul Berenson, he will reportedly be seen in the central role but his association with Carrie will undergo a change.
The creator also revealed details about "Life of Pi" actor Suraj Sharma's role. He will reportedly portray the role of a medical student. Meanwhile, Michael O'Keefe will be seen as Deputy Chief of Mission in Islamabad.
"Homeland" Season 4 is expected to premiere in fall 2014 showing 12 episodes. Watch the first teaser trailer below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display