Homeland Season 4 Update, Spoilers: First Teaser Trailer Released Plus Other Details [Watch Video]
By jaskiran kaur | July 15, 2014 3:53 PM EST
"Homeland" Season 4 will not air until later this year. However, spoilers and updates on Showtime's political thriller have begun to surface. The much-awaited first teaser trailer has also been released by the network, recently. Scroll down to the watch the video and learn more about the upcoming season. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains potential spoilers from "Homeland" Season 4. Read at your own risk.
Claire Danes starrer, Emmy Award nominated show "Homeland" Season 3 ended with shocker in Dec. 2013. Brody's (Damian Lewis) death has left fans anxious about the show's future. Fans know that with Brody gone, Carrie is now left with his baby to take care of and in search of a new operation.
On July 13, Showtime released "Homeland" Season 4's first teaser trailer that also surfaced on video sharing Web site YouTube.com. The video gives a glimpse at the leading lady Carrie Mattison as portrayed by Claire Danes. Traversing through the streets of an Islamic country (either Afghanistan or Pakistan), Carrie can be seen working on her new mission.
At the same time, first photo from the show was released by Entertainment Weekly. "Homeland" Season 4 will see many of its main cast members reprising the role along with some new characters. While Claire Danes will assume the leading role, Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor's roles will take a backseat. Rupert Friend and Mandy Patinkin will return as series regulars along with Tracy Letts. Laila Robins and Nazanin Boniadi is the latest addition to the main cast members. Fans will get to see some fresh faces including Corey Stoll, Michael O'Keefe, Raza Jaffrey and Suraj Sharma.
Recently, "Homeland" creator Alex Gansa revealed some significant details about season 4. In an interview with EW, he revealed exactly what "Homeland" Season 4 is about. According to Gansa, for the first time ever viewers will see Carrie doing what "she was trained to do." In a foreign capital, Carrie will operate as case officer. The show will focus on her role as intelligence officer on the ground.
"How she recruits assets, how she deals with the foreign government and her country team - the people she works with in the embassy - and the host country's intelligence services," revealed Alex Gansa.
"Homeland" Season 4 kicks off six months after Carrie's delivery but she continues "managing her grief about losing Brody." As for Mandy Patinkin's Saul Berenson, he will reportedly be seen in the central role but his association with Carrie will undergo a change.
The creator also revealed details about "Life of Pi" actor Suraj Sharma's role. He will reportedly portray the role of a medical student. Meanwhile, Michael O'Keefe will be seen as Deputy Chief of Mission in Islamabad.
"Homeland" Season 4 is expected to premiere in fall 2014 showing 12 episodes. Watch the first teaser trailer below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports