In and Out of Menopause: Wishes from Women over 50
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 15, 2014 3:44 PM EST
A woman’s body undergoes innumerable changes in every stage of life and plays an important role to define her identity.
In London, there was a conference named Women Starting Over where lives of women over 50s were discussed.
Britain's Queen Elizabeth boards a scheduled train at the Kings Cross station in London to go to Kings Lynn in Norfolk, December 17, 2009.
It is an extremely delicate time in every woman’s life. Either she has experienced menopause or is about to do so. They get surrounded by clouds of insecurity, uncertainties, not really knowing what is coming up next.
These women enter a space where neither they can call themselves young nor they can be regarded as properly old therefore suffering from identity crisis becomes obvious.
The problem is the increasing absence of traditional support networks of family and loyal friends as a result most women take help of the Web sites such as Mumsnet sister site, Gransnet, and Welldoing to deal this life-changing event.
The Lonely Society, a 2010 report by the Mental Health Foundation, suggests “that loneliness is on the increase and that older women in particular find themselves increasingly isolated.”
Three such therapists, Louise Rawlins, Anna Kingsley and Juliette Oakshett, to create awareness, organised an all-day event tackling life changes, internet safety and sensuality.
Sensitive issue like Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are on the rise amongst over women was also discussed in the conference.
Such efforts should truly be appreciated and encouraged as it would help more and more women to feel comfortable with their changing lives.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Sugar Is The Major Cause Of Obesity: Top 5 Ways To Reduce Your Sugar Intake
- Ebola Survivors' Blood Sold in Black Market, WHO Warns Buyers of Risks Including Death
- Jennifer Lopez's Diet and Fitness Secrets Revealed: Ways by Which She Keeps Her Lower Body Toned
- Hip Hop Mogul Russell Simmons Says In New Book That Meditation and Yoga Can Make You Rich
- Kids Whose Parents Went To College Eat Healthier, Study Finds
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2