In and Out of Menopause: Wishes from Women over 50
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 15, 2014 3:44 PM EST
A woman’s body undergoes innumerable changes in every stage of life and plays an important role to define her identity.
In London, there was a conference named Women Starting Over where lives of women over 50s were discussed.
Britain's Queen Elizabeth boards a scheduled train at the Kings Cross station in London to go to Kings Lynn in Norfolk, December 17, 2009.
It is an extremely delicate time in every woman’s life. Either she has experienced menopause or is about to do so. They get surrounded by clouds of insecurity, uncertainties, not really knowing what is coming up next.
These women enter a space where neither they can call themselves young nor they can be regarded as properly old therefore suffering from identity crisis becomes obvious.
The problem is the increasing absence of traditional support networks of family and loyal friends as a result most women take help of the Web sites such as Mumsnet sister site, Gransnet, and Welldoing to deal this life-changing event.
The Lonely Society, a 2010 report by the Mental Health Foundation, suggests “that loneliness is on the increase and that older women in particular find themselves increasingly isolated.”
Three such therapists, Louise Rawlins, Anna Kingsley and Juliette Oakshett, to create awareness, organised an all-day event tackling life changes, internet safety and sensuality.
Sensitive issue like Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are on the rise amongst over women was also discussed in the conference.
Such efforts should truly be appreciated and encouraged as it would help more and more women to feel comfortable with their changing lives.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Italian Couple Suffers From Penis Captivus While Intimate In Porto San Giorgio Beach
- Bono Contracted Ebola, iPhone 6 Has It Too – Ebola Hoaxes That Up the Ante Of Absurdity
- Ebola Outbreak To Continue Until Effective Vaccine Surfaces; 120,000 Women To Die of Childbirth
- UNICEF Highlights ‘Cheapest, Most Effective’ Ebola Vaccine
- Ebola Does Not Infect But Scares Southwestern College To Evacuate Students
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored