In and Out of Menopause: Wishes from Women over 50
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 15, 2014 3:44 PM EST
A woman’s body undergoes innumerable changes in every stage of life and plays an important role to define her identity.
In London, there was a conference named Women Starting Over where lives of women over 50s were discussed.
Britain's Queen Elizabeth boards a scheduled train at the Kings Cross station in London to go to Kings Lynn in Norfolk, December 17, 2009.
It is an extremely delicate time in every woman’s life. Either she has experienced menopause or is about to do so. They get surrounded by clouds of insecurity, uncertainties, not really knowing what is coming up next.
These women enter a space where neither they can call themselves young nor they can be regarded as properly old therefore suffering from identity crisis becomes obvious.
The problem is the increasing absence of traditional support networks of family and loyal friends as a result most women take help of the Web sites such as Mumsnet sister site, Gransnet, and Welldoing to deal this life-changing event.
The Lonely Society, a 2010 report by the Mental Health Foundation, suggests “that loneliness is on the increase and that older women in particular find themselves increasingly isolated.”
Three such therapists, Louise Rawlins, Anna Kingsley and Juliette Oakshett, to create awareness, organised an all-day event tackling life changes, internet safety and sensuality.
Sensitive issue like Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are on the rise amongst over women was also discussed in the conference.
Such efforts should truly be appreciated and encouraged as it would help more and more women to feel comfortable with their changing lives.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- HIV/AIDS Cure a Step Closer with Anti-Cancer Drugs 'Kicking' Virus Out of Infected Cells
- Dwayne Johnson Talks About Overcoming Depression
- The Great Australian Sex Census Decodes Sex Technology Habits of Australians
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Agrees To Pay $190 Million To Settle Gynaecology Scandal
- Paris Hilton Quits Junk Food: A High Fat Diet Could Destroy Your Sense of Smell, Study
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales