In and Out of Menopause: Wishes from Women over 50
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 15, 2014 3:44 PM EST
A woman’s body undergoes innumerable changes in every stage of life and plays an important role to define her identity.
In London, there was a conference named Women Starting Over where lives of women over 50s were discussed.
Britain's Queen Elizabeth boards a scheduled train at the Kings Cross station in London to go to Kings Lynn in Norfolk, December 17, 2009.
It is an extremely delicate time in every woman’s life. Either she has experienced menopause or is about to do so. They get surrounded by clouds of insecurity, uncertainties, not really knowing what is coming up next.
These women enter a space where neither they can call themselves young nor they can be regarded as properly old therefore suffering from identity crisis becomes obvious.
The problem is the increasing absence of traditional support networks of family and loyal friends as a result most women take help of the Web sites such as Mumsnet sister site, Gransnet, and Welldoing to deal this life-changing event.
The Lonely Society, a 2010 report by the Mental Health Foundation, suggests “that loneliness is on the increase and that older women in particular find themselves increasingly isolated.”
Three such therapists, Louise Rawlins, Anna Kingsley and Juliette Oakshett, to create awareness, organised an all-day event tackling life changes, internet safety and sensuality.
Sensitive issue like Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are on the rise amongst over women was also discussed in the conference.
Such efforts should truly be appreciated and encouraged as it would help more and more women to feel comfortable with their changing lives.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 12 Terrifyingly Healthy Halloween Treats
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- Dead Heart Beats Again, Doctors Use It For Transplant – A World’s First For Australia
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports