Corinna Schumacher’s First Public Appearance Reckoned ‘Inappropriate’ Given Her Husband’s Current State of Health
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 15, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Michael Schumacher's wife Corinna's recent and first public appearance has drawn criticism after pictures of her laughing and smiling were caught by the prying eyes of some people. Some thought that it was inappropriate, given the current health condition of the former seven-time world champion.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
There were some discussions about whether Corinna's presence at the horse show event on her private ranch was fitting six months after Michael's tragic accident. She was pictured with a wide-tooth smile on her face. She effortlessly put on a brave face, but according to reports, it was easy to sense despair behind the façade.
While it was great to see Corinna smiling again because it gave Michael's fans courage and hope, it also raised questions, German news outlet Bunte.de reported. "Does she mean it, laughing and happy be it only for a brief moment, but her husband while after months of coma is still in critical condition," the Web site wrote.
For psychologist Doris Wolf, Corinna has every right to laugh and smile whenever she feels like it. Wolf said Corinna was only trying to cope with emotional pain. She may be seen smiling, but it doesn't mean that she has stopped thinking about her sick husband. "She is stuck in a kind of state emergency," said Wolf. "No physicians can currently say how her husband's further course of the disease will be." The psychology expert further said that the only way to make the situation better is to keep a "positive attitude toward life" and hope that Michael's condition will "continue to improve."
There is no question that Corinna has remained a faithful wife to Michael during these trying times in their lives. She has stayed by his bedside from day one of his hospitalisation. She has given Michael all her support. Corinna has also given her retired racer husband the best medical care possible.
Michael is currently being treated in a rehabilitation clinic in Lausanne, Switzerland. Corinna recently said that the 45-year-old retired racer is improving and showing progress bit by bit.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers