Corinna Schumacher’s First Public Appearance Reckoned ‘Inappropriate’ Given Her Husband’s Current State of Health
By Rachelle Corpuz | July 15, 2014 3:38 PM EST
Michael Schumacher's wife Corinna's recent and first public appearance has drawn criticism after pictures of her laughing and smiling were caught by the prying eyes of some people. Some thought that it was inappropriate, given the current health condition of the former seven-time world champion.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
There were some discussions about whether Corinna's presence at the horse show event on her private ranch was fitting six months after Michael's tragic accident. She was pictured with a wide-tooth smile on her face. She effortlessly put on a brave face, but according to reports, it was easy to sense despair behind the façade.
While it was great to see Corinna smiling again because it gave Michael's fans courage and hope, it also raised questions, German news outlet Bunte.de reported. "Does she mean it, laughing and happy be it only for a brief moment, but her husband while after months of coma is still in critical condition," the Web site wrote.
For psychologist Doris Wolf, Corinna has every right to laugh and smile whenever she feels like it. Wolf said Corinna was only trying to cope with emotional pain. She may be seen smiling, but it doesn't mean that she has stopped thinking about her sick husband. "She is stuck in a kind of state emergency," said Wolf. "No physicians can currently say how her husband's further course of the disease will be." The psychology expert further said that the only way to make the situation better is to keep a "positive attitude toward life" and hope that Michael's condition will "continue to improve."
There is no question that Corinna has remained a faithful wife to Michael during these trying times in their lives. She has stayed by his bedside from day one of his hospitalisation. She has given Michael all her support. Corinna has also given her retired racer husband the best medical care possible.
Michael is currently being treated in a rehabilitation clinic in Lausanne, Switzerland. Corinna recently said that the 45-year-old retired racer is improving and showing progress bit by bit.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report