Apple iPhone 6 Blasted in Amazon Japan: Photo, Release Date, Price, Specs Confirmed
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 15, 2014 3:20 PM EST
With so much rumour surrounding Apple's next generation flagship phone iPhone 6, the e-commerce site Amazon Japan already blasted the smart phone's vital information in its Web site. The online retailer already confirmed iPhone 6's photo, release date, price, and specs ahead of Apple's actual announcement.
Apple CEO Tim Cook delivers his keynote address at the World Wide developers conference in San Francisco, California June 2, 2014.
Various sources have previously mentioned that iPhone 6 will come in 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch models. But according to the Google translated page of Amazon Japan Web site, the online retailer listed only the vital information of the 4.7-inch variant. Load the Game captured a screen shot of the translated Amazon Japan Web listing.
According to the Amazon Japan web site, the sim-free Apple 4.7-inch model of iPhone 6 will be available on Sep. 30, 2014 for ¥139,999 which translates to $1,470 in Australia. However, GSM Arena and other online sites have expressed doubts on the price of the smart phone considering that the featured product on the e-commerce site was only the 4.7-inch version.
The online retailer also confirmed that iPhone 6 will run on the latest iOS 8 operating system. Apple CEO Tim Cook announced this OS during the keynote address of the 2014 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June.
Along with the photo of iPhone 6, the e-commerce Web site listed that the gold version will have 64 GB internal memory. The smart phone will reportedly measure 130mm in height, 65mm in width, and 7.0 mm in depth, with a weight of 113g. In comparison, Apple's predecessor phone iPhone 5S measures 123.8mm in height, 58.6mm in width, and 7.6mm in depth with a weight of 112g.
Load the Game mentioned that the image that accompanied the Amazon Japan post was just a mock-up although the features listed were believable based on the previous renderings of iPhone 6.
Just a week ago, two videos leaked online on iPhone 6 came out hinting that the smart phone will have sapphire display protection. The feature will reportedly add flexibility and better resistance to scratch and impact on Apple's next flagship smart phone.
Various online sources have previously cited that the iPhone 6 will sport an 8-megapixel camera with interchangeable lens and 20 nm A8 chip from TSMC with quad-core processors.
However, the Cupertino-based giant still has remained quiet despite all the rumours floating around. It remains to be seen though whether the vital information blasted in the Amazon Japan Web site regarding iPhone 6 are indeed true.
To see the page capture of Google translated Amazon Japan Web site of iPhone 6, please visit Load the Game by clicking here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast