How to Get Android L Performance on Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One, LG G2, Moto X, Sony Xperia Z2 and Others
By Ryan Inoyori | July 15, 2014 3:12 PM EST
Android L user experience is achievable on certain devices running Android KitKat version, by installing certain apps without requiring any root access or unlocking the boot loader. Here are the tips to get Android L performance, keyboard, wallpaper and notifications.
There are at least five smartphones which can access the Android L user experience without needed the firmware itself. First, the device must be upgraded to Android KitKat whatever version it may be.
- HTC One
- LG G2
- Motorola X
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Sony Xperia Z2
After the Android KitKat update, go to Settings > About Phone > Tap the build version seven times to unlock the Developer Options > Go back > Developer Options > Select Runtime > Select ART instead of Dalvik. Several apps are supporting Android Runtime which performs smoother compared to Dalvik.
Android L's new keyboard features a faster and smoother user experience compared to previous Android versions, with support on personalised dictionary, various languages, swipe gesture and theme. However, there is no exact Android version requirement for this to work. It has been confirmed running on any Android device with version Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and above.
To download the Android L keyboard, click here for XDA senior member asdfzz modded APK version of the app. Users can change the theme to "material" by going to settings of the Android L keyboard inside the Language and Input in the Settings menu.
Android L Notifications
Users who have seen the Android L new notifications bar called Heads Up which supports both lock and home screen can download the application without requiring any root access or paying anything.
1. Heads-Up Notifications by Simen.codes
It supports any Android device with Heads Up notifications of Android L firmware whether rooted or non-rooted. The app features a floating pop-up notification on the lock and home screen, control over which apps should use the Heads Up notification, quick actions, duration of the notification, and multiple theme support. Click here to visit the app at Google Play Store.
2. Heads Up! - Notifications by Woodblock Without Co.
It features the same Heads Up notifications from Android L which supports various apps and services including the music player. Users can also configure the apps supported by the Heads Up notification, duration of the notifications and more. Click here to visit the app at Google Play Store.
Android L Themes
There are several Android L themes available right now at the Play Store. Among the most prominent is the support for Sony Xperia devices with Xperia Theme feature found on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and Android KitKat OS.
1. XDA member JanM RS has ported a version of the Android L theme, which requires Android 4.4.2 KitKat for full impact. Otherwise, the soft key buttons won't be changed on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
2. In case the device running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean has root access, another version of the Android L for Xperia Theme will allow the revamp on the soft key buttons. Click here to download the file.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related