Nokia Lumia 1020 Will Reportedly Reach "End of Life" On Sept. 14
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 15, 2014 3:10 PM EST
In just one year after it was released, Nokia Lumia 1020 will reportedly reach "end of life" on Sept. 14 according to a recent post from serial tipster @evleaks.
A Nokia Lumia 1020 smartphone is displayed during the 2014 Computex exhibition at the TWTC Nangang exhibition hall in Taipei, June 3, 2014. Computex, the world's second largest computer show, runs from June 3 to 7.
If the rumour from @evleaks is true, it will mean that American multinational corporation Microsoft will no longer manufacture additional units of Nokia Lumia 1020. The sales of this smart phone will continue only until all the remaining stocks will be exhausted and the Nokia Lumia phone will no longer be included in the retail line-up. Although, Microsoft will continue to support the smart phone and honour the warranties that come along with the phone's purchase.
According to the phone specifications listed in GSM Arena, Nokia Lumia 1020 sports a whopping 41-megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics, auto/manual focus, Xenon optical image stabilisation, and LED flash. The smart phone's camera is still considered to be one of the top-notch mobile phone cameras in the market today although it has been overtaken by newer phone releases.
In comparison, Microsoft's newest flagship phone Nokia Lumia 930 which was released just this month only has 20-megapixel camera while Apple's upcoming iPhone 6 is rumoured to come only with 8-megapixel camera.
But the Nokia Lumia 1020's dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon processor is already overpowered with the recent emergence of smart phones having quad-core Snapdragon 800-series processors.
For instance, the LG G3 released last June comes with Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400 Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 processors. The Amazon Fire Phone which was also released last June has Quad-core 2.2 GHz Krait 400 Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor.
Even the 4.5-inch display with 1280 x 768 pixels screen resolution that Nokia Lumia 1020 boosted during last year's release was already surpassed with bigger and better display from more recent smart phone releases.
For example, HTC One M8 which was released last March has 5-inch display with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Even the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which was released a month after Nokia Lumia 1020 has 5.7-inch display with 1920 x 1080 pixels screen resolution.
Microsoft has not yet issued an official statement whether it will be replacing the Nokia Lumia 1020 or it will be churning out similar devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]