S5 for Beginners: How to Optimise Your Samsung Galaxy S5's Features
July 15, 2014 3:06 PM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is one of the most powerful smartphones today. Because Android provides users with ultimate customisation options and features, you can personalise the device based on your personal preferences. The following changes will improve the appearance of the setup, as well as make everything more convenient for your every need.
Samsung flags are set up at the main entrance to the Berlin fair ground before the IFA consumer electronics fair in Berlin in this August 28, 2012 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
1. Fix camera shortcuts
The Samsung Galaxy S5 has a very powerful high-resolution camera and also allows you to change the shortcuts in the UI. You can easily access the buttons to adjust the HDR modes, selective modes and size of photos, at the same time taking photos of special people and events. To adjust the camera shortcuts, choose a specific shortcut then long press and drag to the left side bar to make it a sticky.
2. Take out unnecessary apps
When you get the Samsung Galaxy S5, there will be a barrage of apps, most of which you will not really need. You can also remove these to de-clutter the device immediately. To remove apps, grab the app icon from the app drawer. Drag the icon to the top where the options "App Info" or "Edit" will appear. Select and press "Turn off". Do the same for all other apps you wish to take out from the device.
3. Set gestures and motions
Air Gestures and Motion Gestures will make it more convenient to use the smartphone. The Palm Swipe to Capture is useful for taking screenshots. The Air Browse is also useful when navigating the device. Whenever you like to take screenshot, simply swipe the edge of your hand across the screen. Scrolling through pages will be easier with Air Gesture. Just move your hand over the sensor to scroll in any direction.
4. Pick a screen mode
There are various screen modes available on the S5. Adapt Display is enabled when you get the smartphone which will automatically optimize the sharpness and colors of the display. You can, however, customise the screen mode depending on your activity. Adjust the settings in the Display menu.
5. Third party keyboard and launcher
You can easily customise your home screen by just a few licks. You can set the grid for icons. Choose the launcher you wish to use. Also download a third party keyboard which allows swipe to type and other specific adjustments depending on your personal preference.
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes