Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Spotted in Benchmark Testing With 4.7-Inches Display, Android 4.4.4, Exynos Processor and More
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 15, 2014 3:01 PM EST
Samsung released quite a lot of devices this year starting with Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy K Zoom, Galaxy Tab S and Galaxy S5 Mini leading the way. But according to a recent report, the company has a new device named Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo in the offing.
Samsung flags are set up at the main entrance to the Berlin fair ground before the IFA consumer electronics fair in Berlin in this August 28, 2012 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
A brand new device tied to the model number SM-G850 was spotted in the GFXbench benchmark testing. Reportedly, the device in focus could be the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo, according to KopenGalaxyS5 (via Phone Arena). The Galaxy S5 Neo will be the inexpensive variant of 2014 flagship the Galaxy S5 with relatively lesser spec and a smaller display size. Also, this device will be similar to the Galaxy S3 Neo model released in Q2 2014.
Going by the benchmark testing results, the reported Galaxy Neo S5 features a 4.7-inches screen bundled with a resolution of 1,280 x 720 pixels. The phone will be powered by a superior combination of Exynos 5 octa 5410 processor clocked at 1.8 GHz (with four Cortex A15 cores and four Cortex A7 cores), and ARM Mali T628 GPU. And the Galaxy S5 Neo runs on the latest Android v4.4.4 KitKat.
When it comes to storage, the Galaxy S5 Neo will come equipped with 32 GB of storage and 2 GB of RAM. In addition, the phone will sport 11 megapixel rear-facing camera, and a 2 megapixel front-facing camera unit. Other camera specifications include LED flash, autofocus, HDR and face detection. Along with the standard connectivity options like Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, the device will also support NFC.
According to the image in the site KopenGalaxyS5, the model number SM-G850 has been shipped to Delhi and Bangalore (India) possibly for testing and evaluation. The note also says the Galaxy S5 Neo will support single-sim. Also, per unit price of the Galaxy S5 Neo mentioned against one of the models point to Rs 18,316, which roughly translates to US$304. Readers are advised to take the price details with a grain of salt, because the cost mentioned pertains to a reported testing unit and not a completed product.
Nevertheless, there is no official word on the existence of such a device from Samsung thus far.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast