3 Big Deals on Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Note 3
By Ryan Inoyori | July 15, 2014 2:49 PM EST
Users of Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, S5, Note 2 and Note 3 are all waiting for the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Rumours have speculated that Samsung may skip Android 4.4.3 in favour of Android 4.4.4 but what's the big deal between the two OS versions?
Android 4.4.4 Difference from 4.4.3 KitKat
Android 4.4.4 and Android 4.4.3 KitKat versions are identical to one another except for the patch related to security. Android 4.4.3 version has been reported with vulnerability on the OpenSSL that can cause man-in-the-middle attack.
Any device vulnerable to such can expect flawed security measures that hackers, spammers and similar attackers may use in order to retrieve vital information. Android 4.4.4 KitKat delivers the patch that fixes the crucial issue on the previous version. But since Samsung needs to make apps and services compatible with Android 4.4.4 KitKat, expect a little bit more than that.
Possible Samsung Package
Since Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Note 3 features TouchWiz UI and several Samsung Galaxy exclusive apps and services, users may get something more out of the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update.
Some of parts from Samsung's Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware may include updates on the Samsung Knox Security, Bluetooth connectivity bug fixes, optimisations of Galaxy apps and services and other various enhancements.
Additionally, the company may also decide to port some Galaxy S5 software exclusives such as Download Booster and Kids Mode which already happened on Galaxy Note 3.
Android 4.4.3 May Be Skipped
Like Motorola and Sony Mobile, Samsung may even skip Android 4.4.3 version in favour of the positive benefits on Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Right now, Motorola is seeding live the Android 4.4.4 KitKat updates for Moto X, Moto G, Moto E, Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini which features some improvements to various applications including camera and security stability.
Sony Mobile on the other hand started to seed the official Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact which will later be sent out to other Xperia Z series such as Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet.
These Sony Xperia devices also received improvements on the camera functionality, in-call audio with fine-tuned noise cancellation, FM radio, graphics and bug fixes on top of the security implementation of Android 4.4.4 KitKat from Google.
Samsung has a history on skipping Android version before on Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 by favouring Android 4.3 Jelly Bean than Android 4.2. It is a possible choice for the company to jump straight on Android 4.4.4 KitKat for better consumer experience.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones