How to Fix Nokia Lumia 930 Display Problem
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 15, 2014 2:48 PM EST
Microsoft launched two Windows Phone 8.1 based Lumia series of smartphones recently. This includes the high-end Nokia Lumia 930 and the budget-friendly Nokia Lumia 630. However, the recently released Nokia Lumia 930 has encountered a problem. Users who purchased the handset in the U.S. and parts of Europe have complained about the purple display problem. Nevertheless there is an easy fix to this hassling issue.
A Nokia Lumia 1020 smartphone is displayed during the 2014 Computex exhibition at the TWTC Nangang exhibition hall in Taipei, June 3, 2014. Computex, the world's second largest computer show, runs from June 3 to 7.
Many Nokia Lumia 930 users found that their brand new Windows Phone 8.1 has annoying display issues. The problem is more visible when the screen has a black/grey background. Seemingly, the blacks and greys have shades of purple on them.
According to user complaints, the problem can be seen widely when the handset's brightness level changes automatically or when the phone's brightness level is set to low, this is when the grey turns into purple and gives a hazy display.
However, the problem is only a calibration issue, says Phone Arena. The immediate fix is to navigate to the phone's Settings -> Display -> Adjust Color profile -> Set the Tint option from "Neutral" to "Green."
Also, Microsoft has confirmed that the display problem exist in its brand new Nokia Lumia 930 smartphones and has assured to look into the aforementioned problem. The company has also recalled some of the test units from the recently released regions pertaining to Norway. Apparently, the same set of devices will be sent to its R&D location in Finland for further investigation.
For the ones who are planning to purchase Nokia Lumia 930, here is a quick specifications list:
- 5.0-inches AMOLED display with 1,080 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution and 441ppi pixel strength
- Thickness: 0.39-inches and Weight: 167 g
- Polycarbonate material
- Powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800) Krait 400 processor, clocked at 2.2 GHz
- 2 GB of RAM
- Windows Phone 8.1 OS
- 32 GB of internal storage
- No microSD card support
- 20 MP "PureView" primary camera with dual LED flash and a 1.2 MP secondary camera
- Non-removable 2420 mAh battery unit (15 hours of talk-time and 432 hours of stand-by time)
- No dust/water proof exterior
- Supports NFC
- Built-in wireless charging capability
- Colour: Bright orange, bright green, white, and black colours
Did you buy Nokia Lumia 930? If so, did you encounter this problem? Feel free to leave a comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon