Reasons Why Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy's Nickelodeon Show Sam and Cat is Cancelled
By nidhi tewari | July 15, 2014 2:46 PM EST
Ariana Grande and her partner Jennette McCurdy are no more part of the famous Nickelodeon show "Sam and Cat," it has been revealed. The popular American teenage sitcom, which premiered in June 2013, has reportedly been cancelled for the next season. Ariana, 21, played Cat Valentine while 22-year-old Jennette McCurdy graced the screens as Sam Puckett on the show.
Ariana Grande performs during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
Various media outlets are speculating that Nickelodeon might not been keen on continuing the show after Jennette's controversial bikini clad pictures leaked online sometime ago. The 21-year-old star of "iCarly" posed in sexy lingerie in the leaked selfies, which came out on March 2. Read more about it here.
Another reason speculated by various news agencies could be that the show's other star Ariana Grande now has a busy career as a solo singer. Ariana's song "Problem" has been on top of the charts since last few weeks and she is also planning to come out with an album "My Everything" soon. That leaves the singer with very less time to continue in the sitcom.
Also there was another reason why the show did not see the face of next season and the once good friend Jennette and Ariana were reportedly involved in a feud. Jennette wanted to be given the same respect and financial compensation that was given to Ariana, various media reports suggested. Get the details here.
"Jennette is upset the show is not returning but she wanted to be treated with the same respect that Ariana was being treated with and also wanted more money," a source close to the show revealed to Hollywood Life.
The last episode of "Sam and Cat" will air on July 17. Nickelodeon also released an official statement announcing the cancellation of the show where the reason given was Ariana and Jennette getting busy in individual careers.
"...The time was right for everyone. They (Ariana and Jennette) are both 21 and are pursuing successful new paths in their careers, and we are in full production on Dan Schneider's next series, Henry Danger, scheduled to premiere this fall," the statement read.
However, Ariana felt quite attached to the show that gave her the much needed recognition among her fans and she has thanked the producers of the show on Facebook and also written how much she will miss the show.
"I want to thank Nickelodeon for making a childhood dream of mine come true, for being a family to me, for being so accommodating and supportive of my multitasking with my music career, and for of course introducing me to many of my fans however many years ago," Arianna wrote on her Facebook page.
In a very long post, which can be viewed here, Ariana thanked everyone on the "Sam and Cat" show for making her what she is today and also expressed her gratitude to the show's crew for giving her the chance to showcase her talent to her fans.
"I will always hold Cat near and dear to my heart and appreciate her help in my personal growth from teenager to adult," Ariana further wrote in the post. She further thanked her fans who have been her "loyal, dedicated and continuously loving supporters" that she could ever imagine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet