Reasons Why Ariana Grande and Jennette McCurdy's Nickelodeon Show Sam and Cat is Cancelled
By nidhi tewari | July 15, 2014 2:46 PM EST
Ariana Grande and her partner Jennette McCurdy are no more part of the famous Nickelodeon show "Sam and Cat," it has been revealed. The popular American teenage sitcom, which premiered in June 2013, has reportedly been cancelled for the next season. Ariana, 21, played Cat Valentine while 22-year-old Jennette McCurdy graced the screens as Sam Puckett on the show.
Ariana Grande performs during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
Various media outlets are speculating that Nickelodeon might not been keen on continuing the show after Jennette's controversial bikini clad pictures leaked online sometime ago. The 21-year-old star of "iCarly" posed in sexy lingerie in the leaked selfies, which came out on March 2. Read more about it here.
Another reason speculated by various news agencies could be that the show's other star Ariana Grande now has a busy career as a solo singer. Ariana's song "Problem" has been on top of the charts since last few weeks and she is also planning to come out with an album "My Everything" soon. That leaves the singer with very less time to continue in the sitcom.
Also there was another reason why the show did not see the face of next season and the once good friend Jennette and Ariana were reportedly involved in a feud. Jennette wanted to be given the same respect and financial compensation that was given to Ariana, various media reports suggested. Get the details here.
"Jennette is upset the show is not returning but she wanted to be treated with the same respect that Ariana was being treated with and also wanted more money," a source close to the show revealed to Hollywood Life.
The last episode of "Sam and Cat" will air on July 17. Nickelodeon also released an official statement announcing the cancellation of the show where the reason given was Ariana and Jennette getting busy in individual careers.
"...The time was right for everyone. They (Ariana and Jennette) are both 21 and are pursuing successful new paths in their careers, and we are in full production on Dan Schneider's next series, Henry Danger, scheduled to premiere this fall," the statement read.
However, Ariana felt quite attached to the show that gave her the much needed recognition among her fans and she has thanked the producers of the show on Facebook and also written how much she will miss the show.
"I want to thank Nickelodeon for making a childhood dream of mine come true, for being a family to me, for being so accommodating and supportive of my multitasking with my music career, and for of course introducing me to many of my fans however many years ago," Arianna wrote on her Facebook page.
In a very long post, which can be viewed here, Ariana thanked everyone on the "Sam and Cat" show for making her what she is today and also expressed her gratitude to the show's crew for giving her the chance to showcase her talent to her fans.
"I will always hold Cat near and dear to my heart and appreciate her help in my personal growth from teenager to adult," Ariana further wrote in the post. She further thanked her fans who have been her "loyal, dedicated and continuously loving supporters" that she could ever imagine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports