HTC One E8 vs. Apple iPhone 5C – Specs and Price Showdown Between Plastic Variants of HTC One M8 and iPhone 5S
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 15, 2014 2:42 PM EST
HTC One M8's plastic-equivalent, the HTC One E8 (also known as HTC One Ace) has recently been launched in June, whereas the Apple iPhone 5C touted as the plastic- equivalent of iPhone 5S was released in the last quarter of 2013. Readers who are interested in the latest HTC One E8 or the Apple iPhone 5C should check out this specifications, features and price comparison.
Display, Exterior and Size
The HTC One E8 features 5.0-inches IPS LCD display with 1,080 x 1,920 pixels screen resolution, while the iPhone 5C features only a 4.0-inches IPS LCD display with a relatively inferior 640 x 1,136 pixels resolution. In addition, the pixel densities of One E8 and iPhone 5C stand at 441 ppi and 326 ppi respectively.
Being the plastic-variants of HTC One M8 and Apple iPhone 5S, the One E8 and iPhone 5C handsets are made of polycarbonate material. The HTC One M8's brushed metallic unibody look is replaced with plastic chassis. Thus, the handset's weight is reduced from 160 g (HTC One M8) to only 145 g. When it comes to iPhone 5C, the polycarbonate exterior takes away the premium look of the Apple handset nevertheless the handset comes in striking bright colours, similar to the shades of iPod.
The thickness and the weight of iPhone 5C are 0.35-inches and 132 g respectively. Whereas the HTC One E8 is 0.39-inches thick and it weighs 145 g. Hence the Apple handset is both thinner and lighter.
Hardware, Software and Memory
The HTC One E8 is powered a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processor clocked at 2.3 GHz. The iPhone 5C, on the other hand, is powered by a dual-core, Apple A6 processor clocked at 1.3 GHz. The HTC handset houses a solid 2 GB of RAM, while the Apple handset houses only 1 GB of RAM.
While the iPhone 5C runs on Apple's proprietary iOS 7.x software, the One E8 runs on Android v4.4.2 KitKat OS with HTC's Sense 6.0 UI. Also, the iPhone 5C comes equipped with 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB of internal storage, whereas the HTC handset comes with 16 GB of memory space. In addition, the One E8 supports microSD card for expansion up to 128 GB, the Apple iPhone 5C doesn't.
Camera and Battery
The HTC One E8 sports 13 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and a solid 5 MP front-facing camera unit. The iPhone 5C, meanwhile, comes with a relatively lesser 8 MP primary camera with LED flash and a 1.2 MP secondary camera unit.
When it comes to battery life, HTC One E8 trumps the iPhone 5C head-on. The HTC One E8 houses a superior 2600 mAh battery unit, while the iPhone 5C houses a 1507 mAh battery unit. Both the battery units are not user-replaceable.
HTC One E8
1. Both the phones do not feature dust/water proof exteriors.
2. Also, both the phones house nano-sim. In addition, the HTC One E8 is a dual-sim handset.
3. The HTC One E8 comes in polar white, electric crimson, maldives blue, and misty gray shades, whereas the Apple iPhone 5C comes in five shades pink, blue, white, yellow and green.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan