Five Ways to Make Your Body Feel Better After an Overindulgent Weekend
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 15, 2014 2:06 PM EST
Once you party hard during the weekend, it is really important to opt for some remedies which help in better detoxification so that your body feels better.
Over drinking and extra eating in the weekends can be balanced if one takes a proper diet throughout the week.
A man pours champagne into a glass at a private beach bar along La Croisette during the 66th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 17, 2013.
Amy Goodson, Dallas Cowboys sports dietitian and co-author of "Swim, Bike, Run—Eat." says “having a big weekend of eating does not mean don't eat the next day, it just means you need to clean it up.”
Here are few such tips which will surely help you to deal with overindulgent weekend.
Drink less during the week or don’t drink alcohol at all:
Stay hydrated by drinking sufficient water. Dr Bahrami recommends “drinking two 8-oz glasses of water four times a day to keep well hydrated at all times.”
Don’t eat the extra amount:
Goodson says “eat until you are just not hungry, instead of until you are full.” This will help you eliminate hundreds of extra calories in order to stay fit.
Indulge into a fiber diet:
Instead of processed and fast food, keep more oat, brown rice in your plate. They are rich sources of fiber. Have grilled chicken or fish with less spice and steamed roasted vegetables.
Skip the nighttime snack :
Even it is a small one, it is always better not to have any night time snack.
Maintain a regular schedule with your exercise chart.
Keep a track of your health, it won't let you down.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- MH17: Shrapnel Hits Plane, Russia Calls for UN-led Investigation