Five Ways to Make Your Body Feel Better After an Overindulgent Weekend
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 15, 2014 2:06 PM EST
Once you party hard during the weekend, it is really important to opt for some remedies which help in better detoxification so that your body feels better.
Over drinking and extra eating in the weekends can be balanced if one takes a proper diet throughout the week.
A man pours champagne into a glass at a private beach bar along La Croisette during the 66th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 17, 2013.
Amy Goodson, Dallas Cowboys sports dietitian and co-author of "Swim, Bike, Run—Eat." says “having a big weekend of eating does not mean don't eat the next day, it just means you need to clean it up.”
Here are few such tips which will surely help you to deal with overindulgent weekend.
Drink less during the week or don’t drink alcohol at all:
Stay hydrated by drinking sufficient water. Dr Bahrami recommends “drinking two 8-oz glasses of water four times a day to keep well hydrated at all times.”
Don’t eat the extra amount:
Goodson says “eat until you are just not hungry, instead of until you are full.” This will help you eliminate hundreds of extra calories in order to stay fit.
Indulge into a fiber diet:
Instead of processed and fast food, keep more oat, brown rice in your plate. They are rich sources of fiber. Have grilled chicken or fish with less spice and steamed roasted vegetables.
Skip the nighttime snack :
Even it is a small one, it is always better not to have any night time snack.
Maintain a regular schedule with your exercise chart.
Keep a track of your health, it won't let you down.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sugar Is The Major Cause Of Obesity: Top 5 Ways To Reduce Your Sugar Intake
- 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' Star Kourtney Kardashian Blamed For Khloe's Weight Gain Through Social Media Messages
- Peter Quillin Claims That Adriana Lima Will Beat Gisele In The Boxing Ring; Adriana's Weight Loss Through Boxing and A Paleo Diet
- Ebola Survivors' Blood Sold in Black Market, WHO Warns Buyers of Risks Including Death
- Caution to Diabetics: Artificial Sweeteners May Increase Blood Sugar Levels Based on Study
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best