Five Ways to Make Your Body Feel Better After an Overindulgent Weekend
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 15, 2014 2:06 PM EST
Once you party hard during the weekend, it is really important to opt for some remedies which help in better detoxification so that your body feels better.
Over drinking and extra eating in the weekends can be balanced if one takes a proper diet throughout the week.
A man pours champagne into a glass at a private beach bar along La Croisette during the 66th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 17, 2013.
Amy Goodson, Dallas Cowboys sports dietitian and co-author of "Swim, Bike, Run—Eat." says “having a big weekend of eating does not mean don't eat the next day, it just means you need to clean it up.”
Here are few such tips which will surely help you to deal with overindulgent weekend.
Drink less during the week or don’t drink alcohol at all:
Stay hydrated by drinking sufficient water. Dr Bahrami recommends “drinking two 8-oz glasses of water four times a day to keep well hydrated at all times.”
Don’t eat the extra amount:
Goodson says “eat until you are just not hungry, instead of until you are full.” This will help you eliminate hundreds of extra calories in order to stay fit.
Indulge into a fiber diet:
Instead of processed and fast food, keep more oat, brown rice in your plate. They are rich sources of fiber. Have grilled chicken or fish with less spice and steamed roasted vegetables.
Skip the nighttime snack :
Even it is a small one, it is always better not to have any night time snack.
Maintain a regular schedule with your exercise chart.
Keep a track of your health, it won't let you down.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- New String Of Ebola In The Democratic Republic Of The Congo; DFAT Advises Against Travel
- Sex Change Surgery Gets Enhanced Cover From US Insurance Firms: Obama Regime's Policy Change Became The Trigger
- Sex With 20 Women Or More Reduces Risk Of Prostate Cancer, Canadian Research Says
- From 30-Inch To 16-Inch Waistline, Woman Shrinks Self With Corset [Video]
- Red Cross Aussie Nurse Says Australia’s Ebola Visa Ban Is Embarrassing
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight