Five Ways to Make Your Body Feel Better After an Overindulgent Weekend
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 15, 2014 2:06 PM EST
Once you party hard during the weekend, it is really important to opt for some remedies which help in better detoxification so that your body feels better.
Over drinking and extra eating in the weekends can be balanced if one takes a proper diet throughout the week.
A man pours champagne into a glass at a private beach bar along La Croisette during the 66th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 17, 2013.
Amy Goodson, Dallas Cowboys sports dietitian and co-author of "Swim, Bike, Run—Eat." says “having a big weekend of eating does not mean don't eat the next day, it just means you need to clean it up.”
Here are few such tips which will surely help you to deal with overindulgent weekend.
Drink less during the week or don’t drink alcohol at all:
Stay hydrated by drinking sufficient water. Dr Bahrami recommends “drinking two 8-oz glasses of water four times a day to keep well hydrated at all times.”
Don’t eat the extra amount:
Goodson says “eat until you are just not hungry, instead of until you are full.” This will help you eliminate hundreds of extra calories in order to stay fit.
Indulge into a fiber diet:
Instead of processed and fast food, keep more oat, brown rice in your plate. They are rich sources of fiber. Have grilled chicken or fish with less spice and steamed roasted vegetables.
Skip the nighttime snack :
Even it is a small one, it is always better not to have any night time snack.
Maintain a regular schedule with your exercise chart.
Keep a track of your health, it won't let you down.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Gene That Stops Spreading of Lung Cancer - Identified by Latest Study.
- Teenage Boys Desire Intimacy and Close Relationships: Study
- Young Women Scientists Face Sexual Harassments While Working on Scientific Field: Study Says
- Breakthrough in HIV Medications: Two Australian Men and One In Rockford 'Cured'
- The Great Australian Sex Census Decodes Sex Technology Habits of Australians
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People