Five Ways to Make Your Body Feel Better After an Overindulgent Weekend
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 15, 2014 2:06 PM EST
Once you party hard during the weekend, it is really important to opt for some remedies which help in better detoxification so that your body feels better.
Over drinking and extra eating in the weekends can be balanced if one takes a proper diet throughout the week.
A man pours champagne into a glass at a private beach bar along La Croisette during the 66th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 17, 2013.
Amy Goodson, Dallas Cowboys sports dietitian and co-author of "Swim, Bike, Run—Eat." says “having a big weekend of eating does not mean don't eat the next day, it just means you need to clean it up.”
Here are few such tips which will surely help you to deal with overindulgent weekend.
Drink less during the week or don’t drink alcohol at all:
Stay hydrated by drinking sufficient water. Dr Bahrami recommends “drinking two 8-oz glasses of water four times a day to keep well hydrated at all times.”
Don’t eat the extra amount:
Goodson says “eat until you are just not hungry, instead of until you are full.” This will help you eliminate hundreds of extra calories in order to stay fit.
Indulge into a fiber diet:
Instead of processed and fast food, keep more oat, brown rice in your plate. They are rich sources of fiber. Have grilled chicken or fish with less spice and steamed roasted vegetables.
Skip the nighttime snack :
Even it is a small one, it is always better not to have any night time snack.
Maintain a regular schedule with your exercise chart.
Keep a track of your health, it won't let you down.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Co-founder of ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, Corey Griffin, Drowns to Death
- Science of Depression: A Disease With a Biological Basis; Robin Williams A Victiom of the Disease [Watch Video]
- ALS sufferer takes on Ice Bucket Challenge For His Own Cause[Video]
- U.S. Pizza to Launch Sauces Laced with Marijuana
- Pornography: A 'Chemical Addiction' That Celebrities Admitted Being Addicted To
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch