Android L Developer Preview on HTC One M7: Which Functions Are Not Working and How to Install It
By Ryan Inoyori | July 15, 2014 1:46 PM EST
Android L Developer Preview has been ported to the HTC One M7 smartphone according to XDA developer forum. It is currently under alpha beta but being developed by the ones who ported the firmware. Know which things are working and not functioning well on this ROM for HTC One.
HTC One M7 Running Android L
Recent news revealed that Android L Developer Preview has been available for the LG Nexus 5 and ASUS Nexus 7. Now, developers at XDA forum made it possible for the HTC One M7 smartphone.
"Not many expected to see a HTC One M7 port but XDA senior member ssrij and a team of developers managed to port the Android L Developer Preview to this former flagship device," according to XDA developers.
XDA senior member ssrij and the development team revealed which functions are working and those currently having issues in the alpha stage of the Android L firmware for HTC One M7.
Android L Developer Preview
The firmware that ssrij and the development team used on HTC One m7 is the same Android L Developer Preview released for LG Nexus 5 and ASUS Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi model and not a SDK port.
What Functions Are Not Working At This Time?
- Mobile data
- Sensors except GPS
- Camera app
- Audio output
These functions are suffering some bugs or issues and considered normal since the firmware is still in alpha stage. They are welcoming any help from anyone in order to fix and eliminate the bugs affecting respective functionality.
According to the developers, everything else is functioning normally except the ones mentioned above and users who managed to discover new issues should report them at the site.
Be reminded that Android L Developer Preview for HTC One M7 is still under alpha stage and it contains several bugs that may not be suitable for everyday usage. HTC One M7 must be rooted with unlocked boot loader for it to work.
1. Download the Android L ROM for HTC One M7 by clicking here.
2. Copy the ROM file to the internal storage or microSD card of HTC One M7.
3. Reboot into Recovery mode using the latest version of ClockworkMod or TWRP.
4. Perform a full wipe on the device including data, cache partition, Dalvik cache and system.
5. Flash the ROM using "install zip from SD card."
6. Then reboot the device by selecting "reboot system now."
Before flashing the Android L ROM, make sure to create a nAndroid backup of the ROM to reverse any changes made.
Other reminders for this ROM include:
- Do not flash with any custom kernel on top of it.
- XYZ cannot work yet since the firmware is currently under alpha stage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Breakdown for Developer and Unlocked Version
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide