Android L Developer Preview on HTC One M7: Which Functions Are Not Working and How to Install It
By Ryan Inoyori | July 15, 2014 1:46 PM EST
Android L Developer Preview has been ported to the HTC One M7 smartphone according to XDA developer forum. It is currently under alpha beta but being developed by the ones who ported the firmware. Know which things are working and not functioning well on this ROM for HTC One.
HTC One M7 Running Android L
Recent news revealed that Android L Developer Preview has been available for the LG Nexus 5 and ASUS Nexus 7. Now, developers at XDA forum made it possible for the HTC One M7 smartphone.
"Not many expected to see a HTC One M7 port but XDA senior member ssrij and a team of developers managed to port the Android L Developer Preview to this former flagship device," according to XDA developers.
XDA senior member ssrij and the development team revealed which functions are working and those currently having issues in the alpha stage of the Android L firmware for HTC One M7.
Android L Developer Preview
The firmware that ssrij and the development team used on HTC One m7 is the same Android L Developer Preview released for LG Nexus 5 and ASUS Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi model and not a SDK port.
What Functions Are Not Working At This Time?
- Mobile data
- Sensors except GPS
- Camera app
- Audio output
These functions are suffering some bugs or issues and considered normal since the firmware is still in alpha stage. They are welcoming any help from anyone in order to fix and eliminate the bugs affecting respective functionality.
According to the developers, everything else is functioning normally except the ones mentioned above and users who managed to discover new issues should report them at the site.
Be reminded that Android L Developer Preview for HTC One M7 is still under alpha stage and it contains several bugs that may not be suitable for everyday usage. HTC One M7 must be rooted with unlocked boot loader for it to work.
1. Download the Android L ROM for HTC One M7 by clicking here.
2. Copy the ROM file to the internal storage or microSD card of HTC One M7.
3. Reboot into Recovery mode using the latest version of ClockworkMod or TWRP.
4. Perform a full wipe on the device including data, cache partition, Dalvik cache and system.
5. Flash the ROM using "install zip from SD card."
6. Then reboot the device by selecting "reboot system now."
Before flashing the Android L ROM, make sure to create a nAndroid backup of the ROM to reverse any changes made.
Other reminders for this ROM include:
- Do not flash with any custom kernel on top of it.
- XYZ cannot work yet since the firmware is currently under alpha stage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage