Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx, Droid Mini Live: Official Changes and Installation Guide
By Ryan Inoyori | July 15, 2014 1:45 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware is now rolling out for Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini. Know the official and complete change logs from the maker and Verizon Wireless.
Official Update for Motorola DROIDS
Users of Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini can now be updated to Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS to get the latest enhancements and improvements on several apps and services including camera, Bluetooth connectivity, Motorola Alert, ISIS Wallet, Verizon exclusives and fix to the OpenSSL vulnerability.
Owners can simply use the built-in software update feature on these smartphones and following the instructions below to get the latest firmware version.
1. Check if the battery level is at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
2. Connect the device to the Internet via Wi-Fi connection.
3. Once the notification prompts, swipe down on the notification bar and then tap System Update.
4. Select "Yes, I'm in" to download the new software.
5. After the software download, swipe down on the notification bar then tap Install System Update.
6. Select "Install Now."
7. Let the smartphone install the software and do not interrupt to avoid corruption. The device will restart during the installation.
8. After the installation, go to Settings > About Phone > Check the Android version. It should be running Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
In case the device has not received the notification prompt of the new software, force it to check the new firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Then follow the instructions above.
Official Motorola Change Logs
Here are the changes provided by Android 4.4.4 KitKat according to Motorola for Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini. It is also noted at the official Web page of Verizon Wireless for Droid Ultra and Droid Maxx.
1. Android 4.4.4 KitKat enhancements including accuracy improvements to the power profiles, several stability, framework and security fixes such as update to the OpenSSL.
2. Camera improvements including image quality on exposure consistency, more realistic flash colouring and better captures under low-light scenes. Additionally, the viewfinder features a pause/resume button during video recording.
3. Updates on Verizon applications such VZ Cloud and Visual Voicemail application.
4. ISIS mobile wallet application added for Droid Ultra users on Verizon Wireless.
5. Fixes on Bluetooth connectivity issues.
6. New Motorola Alert application which sends periodic alerts with location to selected contacts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate