Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx, Droid Mini Live: Official Changes and Installation Guide
By Ryan Inoyori | July 15, 2014 1:45 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware is now rolling out for Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini. Know the official and complete change logs from the maker and Verizon Wireless.
Official Update for Motorola DROIDS
Users of Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini can now be updated to Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS to get the latest enhancements and improvements on several apps and services including camera, Bluetooth connectivity, Motorola Alert, ISIS Wallet, Verizon exclusives and fix to the OpenSSL vulnerability.
Owners can simply use the built-in software update feature on these smartphones and following the instructions below to get the latest firmware version.
1. Check if the battery level is at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
2. Connect the device to the Internet via Wi-Fi connection.
3. Once the notification prompts, swipe down on the notification bar and then tap System Update.
4. Select "Yes, I'm in" to download the new software.
5. After the software download, swipe down on the notification bar then tap Install System Update.
6. Select "Install Now."
7. Let the smartphone install the software and do not interrupt to avoid corruption. The device will restart during the installation.
8. After the installation, go to Settings > About Phone > Check the Android version. It should be running Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
In case the device has not received the notification prompt of the new software, force it to check the new firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Then follow the instructions above.
Official Motorola Change Logs
Here are the changes provided by Android 4.4.4 KitKat according to Motorola for Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini. It is also noted at the official Web page of Verizon Wireless for Droid Ultra and Droid Maxx.
1. Android 4.4.4 KitKat enhancements including accuracy improvements to the power profiles, several stability, framework and security fixes such as update to the OpenSSL.
2. Camera improvements including image quality on exposure consistency, more realistic flash colouring and better captures under low-light scenes. Additionally, the viewfinder features a pause/resume button during video recording.
3. Updates on Verizon applications such VZ Cloud and Visual Voicemail application.
4. ISIS mobile wallet application added for Droid Ultra users on Verizon Wireless.
5. Fixes on Bluetooth connectivity issues.
6. New Motorola Alert application which sends periodic alerts with location to selected contacts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers