Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx, Droid Mini Live: Official Changes and Installation Guide
By Ryan Inoyori | July 15, 2014 1:45 PM EST
Official Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware is now rolling out for Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini. Know the official and complete change logs from the maker and Verizon Wireless.
Official Update for Motorola DROIDS
Users of Motorola Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini can now be updated to Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS to get the latest enhancements and improvements on several apps and services including camera, Bluetooth connectivity, Motorola Alert, ISIS Wallet, Verizon exclusives and fix to the OpenSSL vulnerability.
Owners can simply use the built-in software update feature on these smartphones and following the instructions below to get the latest firmware version.
1. Check if the battery level is at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during installation.
2. Connect the device to the Internet via Wi-Fi connection.
3. Once the notification prompts, swipe down on the notification bar and then tap System Update.
4. Select "Yes, I'm in" to download the new software.
5. After the software download, swipe down on the notification bar then tap Install System Update.
6. Select "Install Now."
7. Let the smartphone install the software and do not interrupt to avoid corruption. The device will restart during the installation.
8. After the installation, go to Settings > About Phone > Check the Android version. It should be running Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
In case the device has not received the notification prompt of the new software, force it to check the new firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Then follow the instructions above.
Official Motorola Change Logs
Here are the changes provided by Android 4.4.4 KitKat according to Motorola for Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini. It is also noted at the official Web page of Verizon Wireless for Droid Ultra and Droid Maxx.
1. Android 4.4.4 KitKat enhancements including accuracy improvements to the power profiles, several stability, framework and security fixes such as update to the OpenSSL.
2. Camera improvements including image quality on exposure consistency, more realistic flash colouring and better captures under low-light scenes. Additionally, the viewfinder features a pause/resume button during video recording.
3. Updates on Verizon applications such VZ Cloud and Visual Voicemail application.
4. ISIS mobile wallet application added for Droid Ultra users on Verizon Wireless.
5. Fixes on Bluetooth connectivity issues.
6. New Motorola Alert application which sends periodic alerts with location to selected contacts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air