Samsung Galaxy Alpha: Samsung to Unveil the Metal Version of Samsung Galaxy S5 in August – Report
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 15, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Recent reports claim that Samsung will be unveiling a new device called the Samsung Galaxy Alpha which is a metal version of the Samsung Galaxy S5. The Samsung Galaxy Alpha, with a smaller screen size than the S5 flagship, is expected to be launched in the market on Aug 2014.
According to the Korean Herald report, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone will be the rumoured Samsung Galaxy F device boasting with a premium metal body. Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha has already received this July the Bluetooth certification which is a requirement that most handset products need to accomplish before getting released.
The most recent improvement was done after the South Korean technology giant unveiled in June the Samsung Galaxy S5 broadband LTE-A which is the upgraded version of the S5 flagship. "The new smartphone, known as the 'card-phone' for its slenderness, will soon be out on the Korean market and some foreign markets as well," unnamed industry sources claimed, according to the Korean news outlets.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha will reportedly sport a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED screen display, a premium metal body with a 6 mm thick frame thinner than the 8.1 mm thickness of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Exynos 5 octa-core processor. However, the GSMArena report noted down that several reports claimed different features and specs for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
Instead of a 4.7-inch screen display with 1080 pixel resolution, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha will sport a 5.2-inch QHD screen display and the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset that was used in the Galaxy S5 LTE-A. In the South Korean Web site ETnews.com article on the device, unnamed industry insiders claimed that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is set to be unveiled on Aug 13, 2014.
The release of the Alpha device is most likely Samsung's response in competing with the arrival of a new flagship from rival company Apple. The Trusted Reviews report pointed out that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha and the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 could be the direct rivals for the Apple iPhone 6 with 4.7-inch screen display and the predicted iPhone 6 Air with the larger 5.5-inch screen display set to be released later this 2014.
More Artilces to Read:
Nokia Lumia 930: Protective Flip Cover Case Accessory for Windows Phone Handset to be Available Soon - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales