Samsung Galaxy Alpha: Samsung to Unveil the Metal Version of Samsung Galaxy S5 in August – Report
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 15, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Recent reports claim that Samsung will be unveiling a new device called the Samsung Galaxy Alpha which is a metal version of the Samsung Galaxy S5. The Samsung Galaxy Alpha, with a smaller screen size than the S5 flagship, is expected to be launched in the market on Aug 2014.
According to the Korean Herald report, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone will be the rumoured Samsung Galaxy F device boasting with a premium metal body. Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha has already received this July the Bluetooth certification which is a requirement that most handset products need to accomplish before getting released.
The most recent improvement was done after the South Korean technology giant unveiled in June the Samsung Galaxy S5 broadband LTE-A which is the upgraded version of the S5 flagship. "The new smartphone, known as the 'card-phone' for its slenderness, will soon be out on the Korean market and some foreign markets as well," unnamed industry sources claimed, according to the Korean news outlets.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha will reportedly sport a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED screen display, a premium metal body with a 6 mm thick frame thinner than the 8.1 mm thickness of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Exynos 5 octa-core processor. However, the GSMArena report noted down that several reports claimed different features and specs for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
Instead of a 4.7-inch screen display with 1080 pixel resolution, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha will sport a 5.2-inch QHD screen display and the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset that was used in the Galaxy S5 LTE-A. In the South Korean Web site ETnews.com article on the device, unnamed industry insiders claimed that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is set to be unveiled on Aug 13, 2014.
The release of the Alpha device is most likely Samsung's response in competing with the arrival of a new flagship from rival company Apple. The Trusted Reviews report pointed out that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha and the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 could be the direct rivals for the Apple iPhone 6 with 4.7-inch screen display and the predicted iPhone 6 Air with the larger 5.5-inch screen display set to be released later this 2014.
More Artilces to Read:
Nokia Lumia 930: Protective Flip Cover Case Accessory for Windows Phone Handset to be Available Soon - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate