Samsung Galaxy Alpha: Samsung to Unveil the Metal Version of Samsung Galaxy S5 in August – Report
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 15, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Recent reports claim that Samsung will be unveiling a new device called the Samsung Galaxy Alpha which is a metal version of the Samsung Galaxy S5. The Samsung Galaxy Alpha, with a smaller screen size than the S5 flagship, is expected to be launched in the market on Aug 2014.
According to the Korean Herald report, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone will be the rumoured Samsung Galaxy F device boasting with a premium metal body. Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha has already received this July the Bluetooth certification which is a requirement that most handset products need to accomplish before getting released.
The most recent improvement was done after the South Korean technology giant unveiled in June the Samsung Galaxy S5 broadband LTE-A which is the upgraded version of the S5 flagship. "The new smartphone, known as the 'card-phone' for its slenderness, will soon be out on the Korean market and some foreign markets as well," unnamed industry sources claimed, according to the Korean news outlets.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha will reportedly sport a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED screen display, a premium metal body with a 6 mm thick frame thinner than the 8.1 mm thickness of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Exynos 5 octa-core processor. However, the GSMArena report noted down that several reports claimed different features and specs for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
Instead of a 4.7-inch screen display with 1080 pixel resolution, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha will sport a 5.2-inch QHD screen display and the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset that was used in the Galaxy S5 LTE-A. In the South Korean Web site ETnews.com article on the device, unnamed industry insiders claimed that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is set to be unveiled on Aug 13, 2014.
The release of the Alpha device is most likely Samsung's response in competing with the arrival of a new flagship from rival company Apple. The Trusted Reviews report pointed out that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha and the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 could be the direct rivals for the Apple iPhone 6 with 4.7-inch screen display and the predicted iPhone 6 Air with the larger 5.5-inch screen display set to be released later this 2014.
More Artilces to Read:
Nokia Lumia 930: Protective Flip Cover Case Accessory for Windows Phone Handset to be Available Soon - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date