Samsung Galaxy Alpha: Samsung to Unveil the Metal Version of Samsung Galaxy S5 in August – Report
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 15, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Recent reports claim that Samsung will be unveiling a new device called the Samsung Galaxy Alpha which is a metal version of the Samsung Galaxy S5. The Samsung Galaxy Alpha, with a smaller screen size than the S5 flagship, is expected to be launched in the market on Aug 2014.
According to the Korean Herald report, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone will be the rumoured Samsung Galaxy F device boasting with a premium metal body. Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha has already received this July the Bluetooth certification which is a requirement that most handset products need to accomplish before getting released.
The most recent improvement was done after the South Korean technology giant unveiled in June the Samsung Galaxy S5 broadband LTE-A which is the upgraded version of the S5 flagship. "The new smartphone, known as the 'card-phone' for its slenderness, will soon be out on the Korean market and some foreign markets as well," unnamed industry sources claimed, according to the Korean news outlets.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha will reportedly sport a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED screen display, a premium metal body with a 6 mm thick frame thinner than the 8.1 mm thickness of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Exynos 5 octa-core processor. However, the GSMArena report noted down that several reports claimed different features and specs for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
Instead of a 4.7-inch screen display with 1080 pixel resolution, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha will sport a 5.2-inch QHD screen display and the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset that was used in the Galaxy S5 LTE-A. In the South Korean Web site ETnews.com article on the device, unnamed industry insiders claimed that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is set to be unveiled on Aug 13, 2014.
The release of the Alpha device is most likely Samsung's response in competing with the arrival of a new flagship from rival company Apple. The Trusted Reviews report pointed out that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha and the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 could be the direct rivals for the Apple iPhone 6 with 4.7-inch screen display and the predicted iPhone 6 Air with the larger 5.5-inch screen display set to be released later this 2014.
More Artilces to Read:
Nokia Lumia 930: Protective Flip Cover Case Accessory for Windows Phone Handset to be Available Soon - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop