Samsung Galaxy Alpha: Samsung to Unveil the Metal Version of Samsung Galaxy S5 in August – Report
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 15, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Recent reports claim that Samsung will be unveiling a new device called the Samsung Galaxy Alpha which is a metal version of the Samsung Galaxy S5. The Samsung Galaxy Alpha, with a smaller screen size than the S5 flagship, is expected to be launched in the market on Aug 2014.
According to the Korean Herald report, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone will be the rumoured Samsung Galaxy F device boasting with a premium metal body. Additionally, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha has already received this July the Bluetooth certification which is a requirement that most handset products need to accomplish before getting released.
The most recent improvement was done after the South Korean technology giant unveiled in June the Samsung Galaxy S5 broadband LTE-A which is the upgraded version of the S5 flagship. "The new smartphone, known as the 'card-phone' for its slenderness, will soon be out on the Korean market and some foreign markets as well," unnamed industry sources claimed, according to the Korean news outlets.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha will reportedly sport a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED screen display, a premium metal body with a 6 mm thick frame thinner than the 8.1 mm thickness of the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Exynos 5 octa-core processor. However, the GSMArena report noted down that several reports claimed different features and specs for the Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
Instead of a 4.7-inch screen display with 1080 pixel resolution, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha will sport a 5.2-inch QHD screen display and the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset that was used in the Galaxy S5 LTE-A. In the South Korean Web site ETnews.com article on the device, unnamed industry insiders claimed that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is set to be unveiled on Aug 13, 2014.
The release of the Alpha device is most likely Samsung's response in competing with the arrival of a new flagship from rival company Apple. The Trusted Reviews report pointed out that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha and the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 could be the direct rivals for the Apple iPhone 6 with 4.7-inch screen display and the predicted iPhone 6 Air with the larger 5.5-inch screen display set to be released later this 2014.
More Artilces to Read:
Nokia Lumia 930: Protective Flip Cover Case Accessory for Windows Phone Handset to be Available Soon - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6