Must Know Facts on Identifying Symptoms of Kidney Disease
By Vanessa Michael Pulvinar | July 15, 2014 12:13 PM EST
Knowing the symptoms of kidney disease can help you get the treatment you need to feel your best.
AMA's position statement 2014 on Advertising and Public Interest includes ethical principles for doctors.
Often, early kidney problems don't have many symptoms. People should be aware that kidney diseases can be silent killers. (SOURCE)
Here is a list of symptoms you should look out for:
1. Kidney failure symptoms from damage to the kidneys
- The first symptom is changes in the urinary function in the frequency and amount of urination.
- Blood in the urine
2. Kidney failures symptoms from anemia
- Shortness of breath
-Kidney disease causes fluid to build up in the lungs
- Fatigue and Weakness
- A decrease in red cells equals a decrease in oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood, resulting in decreased oxygen delivery to cells for them to do work; therefore, the body tires quickly
- Mental confusion
- Feeling cold all the time
-Pyelonephritis (kidney infection) may cause fever with chills
3. Symptoms from buildup of wastes in the body
- Loss of appetite (Source)
- Kidney failure causes waste build-up in your blood. This can causes severe itching and skin rashes
- Nausea and vomiting
-The build-up of waste products in your blood in kidney disease can also cause nausea and vomiting
- A metallic taste in the mouth or ammonia breath
-Kidney failure increases level of urea in the blood (uraemia). This urea is broken down to ammonia in the saliva causing urine-like bad breath called ammonia breath.
- Difficulty to concentrate
-Anaemia associated with kidney disease also depletes your brain of oxygen which may cause dizziness, trouble with concentration, etc.
4. Kidney failure symptoms from buildup of fluid in the body
-swollen in the face, hands, feet due to the inability of kidneys to remove wastes and extra fluid from the body.
- Shortness of breath
Note: Take time to contact your doctor to make an appointment if you have any symptoms or signs of kidney disease. Your doctor will conduct specific tests: urinalysis, blood tests, urine tests, and imaging tests
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Co-founder of ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, Corey Griffin, Drowns to Death
- Science of Depression: A Disease With a Biological Basis; Robin Williams A Victiom of the Disease [Watch Video]
- ALS sufferer takes on Ice Bucket Challenge For His Own Cause[Video]
- U.S. Pizza to Launch Sauces Laced with Marijuana
- Pornography: A 'Chemical Addiction' That Celebrities Admitted Being Addicted To
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch