Liverpool FC Transfer News: Bayern Munich will 'Not Sell' Reds-Linked Playmaker, Insists Club Official
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 15, 2014 3:04 AM EST
Bayern Munich playmaker Xherdan Shaqiri will don the same uniform come the 2014/15 season in spite of links with Liverpool, as club sport director Matthias Sammer insists that Die Roten will "not sell" the 22-year-old.
“We are not going to sell.” - Matthias Sammer on Xherdan Shaqiri
The Swiss international moved to Bavaria in 2012 after impressing scouts around Europe during FC Basel's numerous Champions League runs, most notably when they were able to progress to the knockout stages during the 2011/12 season, only to be eliminated by eventual runners-up Bayern in the round-of-sixteen.
"Xherdan is an important player for the future," Sammer told Kicker.
"We are not going to sell."Shaqiri struggled to earn consistent game-time under Jupp Heynckes' reign, and things are not getting any prettier with Pep Guardiola around. In fact his 39 total appearances that saw him produce 8 goals and 13 assists during the 2012/13 season was significantly reduced to 27, most of which as a substitute.
His brother and agent, Erdin, has already expressed displeasure in the £18million-rated starlet's situation at the Allianz Arena, and stated that an exit this summer could happen, should conditions not improve.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery