World Cup News: German Legend Still Wants to Represent National Side Amid Age
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 15, 2014 1:54 AM EST
Germany forward Miroslav Klose still wants to serve his national side amid the fact that father time is catching up on him.
The 36-year-old, who is currently plying his trade at the Serie A with Lazio, found the back of the net twice in this year's edition of the World Cup, surpassing the Brazilian Ronaldo as the all-time leading scorer of the quadrennial competition.
Germany's Klose gathers with his family after the team won their 2014 World Cup final against Argentina in Rio de Janeiro
It seems that Sunday's win at the Maracana was just too pleasing to the palate that he wants to have that feeling all over again.
"I do not know yet if I will go on with the national team," said the German legend.
"I'll take a couple of nights to sleep on it and then make the right decision."
Should he still chose to carry on, and should Joachim Low or any other manager handling Die Mannschaft come 2018 still consider him, it will be Salto-Klose's fifth participation at the World Cup finals, which will be another all-time record.
"This is outstanding, it crowns everything," he said."We finished second once, were third twice, but this is world-class. I can hardly comprehend it. It was always a dream to be up there (getting the trophy) and not just having to stand around and have to applaud others," he added.
"The team's performances were important, we wanted to keep our calm because we knew we had the better quality to win it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’