Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues in the Hunt for Real Madrid Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 14, 2014 11:24 PM EST
Chelsea are reported to be closely monitoring Raphael Varane's situation at Real Madrid, as the young centre-back has been known to to have been unhappy with the lack of first-team opportunities under the reign Carlo Ancelloti.
Chelsea are keen on bringing in Real Madrid's Raphael Varane
The 21-year-old French international was at the heart of his national side's defence during the recently concluded World Cup, managing to keep three clean sheets in five matches, while conceding only three goals, which includes the decider that had them booted out in the 1-nil loss against Germany in the quarter-finals.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho brought the promising talent from Ligue 1 outfit RC Lens to the Bernabeu in 2011 when he was still in charge of the Los Blancos, as well as giving Varane his big break, most notably, in the Champions League during the 2012/13 season at the expense of Madrid veteran Pepe.
It is believed that the Portuguese mentor will be using a part of £50million profit from the sale of David Luiz to Paris Saint-Germain to lure officials from the capital-based club to hand over the £21million-rated player.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu