Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues in the Hunt for Real Madrid Defender
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 14, 2014 11:24 PM EST
Chelsea are reported to be closely monitoring Raphael Varane's situation at Real Madrid, as the young centre-back has been known to to have been unhappy with the lack of first-team opportunities under the reign Carlo Ancelloti.
Chelsea are keen on bringing in Real Madrid's Raphael Varane
The 21-year-old French international was at the heart of his national side's defence during the recently concluded World Cup, managing to keep three clean sheets in five matches, while conceding only three goals, which includes the decider that had them booted out in the 1-nil loss against Germany in the quarter-finals.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho brought the promising talent from Ligue 1 outfit RC Lens to the Bernabeu in 2011 when he was still in charge of the Los Blancos, as well as giving Varane his big break, most notably, in the Champions League during the 2012/13 season at the expense of Madrid veteran Pepe.
It is believed that the Portuguese mentor will be using a part of £50million profit from the sale of David Luiz to Paris Saint-Germain to lure officials from the capital-based club to hand over the £21million-rated player.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced