Nikola Mirotic Coming to Join the Chicago Bulls
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 14, 2014 10:47 PM EST
One Spaniard is already going to the Chicago Bulls. Another one is set to join them.
Nikola Mirotic is finally moving to the NBA three years after he was selected in the NBA draft agreeing to a three-year contract valued at over $17 million with the Bulls.
The 23-year-old confirmed the deal in his Twitter account:
— Nikola Mirotic (@nikolamirotic12) July 13, 2014
Mirotic was actually selected 23rd overall by the Houston Rockets and his rights eventually landed with the Bulls after a series of trades.
Mirotic, who also has roots in Montenegro, has already played for the junior teams of the Spanish basketball national team. He was a key player in the 2010 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship bronze medal team and the 2011 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship gold medal team. Mirotic was named to the All-Tournament Teams in both tournaments and was the tournament Most Valuable Player (MVP) in the 2011 edition.
The 6-foot-10 forward turned pro in 2008 when he joined Spanish ballclub Real Madrid. He has since collected a lot of awards including being named the Spanish League MVP in 2013 and the Spanish Cup MVP in 2014. In his last year with the Spanish squad, he averaged 15.9 points, 4.6 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.1 steals in 31 games.
Mirotic will now join a Bulls team with impressive depth at the PF-C spots. Chicago has 2014 NBA Defensive Player of the Year Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson and Pau Gasol, who was acquired via free agency earlier in the offseason.
Watch Mirotic highlights below:
(Video Courtesy: YouTube/DraftExpress)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales