Nikola Mirotic Coming to Join the Chicago Bulls
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 14, 2014 10:47 PM EST
One Spaniard is already going to the Chicago Bulls. Another one is set to join them.
Nikola Mirotic is finally moving to the NBA three years after he was selected in the NBA draft agreeing to a three-year contract valued at over $17 million with the Bulls.
The 23-year-old confirmed the deal in his Twitter account:
— Nikola Mirotic (@nikolamirotic12) July 13, 2014
Mirotic was actually selected 23rd overall by the Houston Rockets and his rights eventually landed with the Bulls after a series of trades.
Mirotic, who also has roots in Montenegro, has already played for the junior teams of the Spanish basketball national team. He was a key player in the 2010 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship bronze medal team and the 2011 FIBA Europe Under-20 Championship gold medal team. Mirotic was named to the All-Tournament Teams in both tournaments and was the tournament Most Valuable Player (MVP) in the 2011 edition.
The 6-foot-10 forward turned pro in 2008 when he joined Spanish ballclub Real Madrid. He has since collected a lot of awards including being named the Spanish League MVP in 2013 and the Spanish Cup MVP in 2014. In his last year with the Spanish squad, he averaged 15.9 points, 4.6 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.1 steals in 31 games.
Mirotic will now join a Bulls team with impressive depth at the PF-C spots. Chicago has 2014 NBA Defensive Player of the Year Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson and Pau Gasol, who was acquired via free agency earlier in the offseason.
Watch Mirotic highlights below:
(Video Courtesy: YouTube/DraftExpress)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal