Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds to Replace Barcelona-Bound Striker with Chelsea Hitman
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 14, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Liverpool are keen on replacing outgoing striker Luis Suarez with Chelsea promising hitman Romelu Lukaku.
The 27-year-old Uruguayan international is days away from becoming an official FC Barcelona player pending medical, and is reported to be worth £75million, despite still serving a four-month ban for biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during a World Cup match.
Liverpool are reported to be keen on signing Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku to replace Luis Suarez
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Keeper Hints Return to Stamford Bridge, Farewells to Atletico Staff Caught On Cam
The transfer coffers of Reds boss Brendan Rodgers will be significantly filled as a result of the Suarez move, which gives the former the luxury to spend on key additions that will help the Merseysiders battle through European and domestic duties.
Meanwhile, Lukaku's future at Stamford Bridge has gone from uncertain to nil following Diego Costa's acquisition from Atletico Madrid.
Apparently, Jose Mourinho does not see the 21-year-old Belgian as a long-term fixture to his return stint at Stamford Bridge, in spite of the latter proving that he can compete in the Premier League.
The Andre Villas-Boas signing took advantage of the loan opportunities to increase his stocks, tallying a total of 17 goals and 7 assists during the 2012/13 season with West Brom, as well as 16 goals and 8 assists last season with Everton.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories