Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds to Replace Barcelona-Bound Striker with Chelsea Hitman
By Mark Wayne Eubank | July 14, 2014 10:11 PM EST
Liverpool are keen on replacing outgoing striker Luis Suarez with Chelsea promising hitman Romelu Lukaku.
The 27-year-old Uruguayan international is days away from becoming an official FC Barcelona player pending medical, and is reported to be worth £75million, despite still serving a four-month ban for biting Italy's Giorgio Chiellini during a World Cup match.
Liverpool are reported to be keen on signing Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku to replace Luis Suarez
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Keeper Hints Return to Stamford Bridge, Farewells to Atletico Staff Caught On Cam
The transfer coffers of Reds boss Brendan Rodgers will be significantly filled as a result of the Suarez move, which gives the former the luxury to spend on key additions that will help the Merseysiders battle through European and domestic duties.
Meanwhile, Lukaku's future at Stamford Bridge has gone from uncertain to nil following Diego Costa's acquisition from Atletico Madrid.
Apparently, Jose Mourinho does not see the 21-year-old Belgian as a long-term fixture to his return stint at Stamford Bridge, in spite of the latter proving that he can compete in the Premier League.
The Andre Villas-Boas signing took advantage of the loan opportunities to increase his stocks, tallying a total of 17 goals and 7 assists during the 2012/13 season with West Brom, as well as 16 goals and 8 assists last season with Everton.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone