Orphan Black Renewed, Creator Got ‘Crazy Plans’ for Season 3
By Anshu Shrivastava | July 14, 2014 7:23 PM EST
BBC America's flagship show "Orphan Black" has again got the snub from Emmys, but the good news is that the show has been renewed for Season 3. Sarah and her clone sisters are returning, along with Mark and his clone brothers.
Actress Tatiana Maslany accepts the award for Best Actress in a Drama Series for "Orphan Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
The season 2 of "Orphan Black" wrapped-up with the revelation about male clones -- who are part of Project Castor. It was revealed that Mark, who was getting married to Gracie, is one of the male clones. And, the viewers also came to know about Paul's association with Project Castor. Paul's men in uniform abducted Helena and she was being taken to an undisclosed location, as part of his deal with Ms S to save Sarah.
"A lot of the things that we put in motion at the end of season two are obviously big story components going forward and new pieces to the puzzle," Fawcett had said to The Hollywood Reporter.
Patrick J Adams is unlikely to return in Season 3 to reprise his guest role of Jessie, while Michiel Huisman is likely to return to portray the role of Cal, Kira's father. Hank is dead, but his wife Bonnie is still alive and she may be returning, with revenge on her mind. And, the little clone sister of Sarah, Charlotte, is also coming back in Season 3.
Meanwhile, Tatiana Maslany, who recently won the best actress award at the Critics' Choice T.V. Awards, was again over-looked by the Primetime Emmys. She and her show, "Orphan Black," both did not score any nomination.
"Orphan Black" is expected to return, with ten episodes of Season 3 in spring 2014. According to reports, the production is scheduled to begin this September in Toronto, Canada.
On 25 July, "Orphan Black" panel, consisting of cast and creators, will be there at Comic-Con in San Diego.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]