Iggy Azalea Beats Nicki Minaj on the Top 10 R&B/Hip-Hop Singles Sales for the Week of July 6, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 14, 2014 6:50 PM EST
Just when you think that the battle between Iggy Azalea and Nicki Minaj is over, think again! First, it was about Minaj's controversial speech at the 2014 BET Awards that seemed to take aim at musicians who don't write their own songs, leading people to believe she's talking about Iggy. Now, it's a fight between Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea for the top spot at the Top 10 R&B/Hip-Hop singles sales for the week of July 6, 2014. And the winner is... Iggy! Yes, you read that right. Iggy Azalea has beaten Nicki Minaj in this round! Read on to find out more about it.
Iggy Azalea performs "Fancy" during the 2014 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 29, 2014.
According to Hip Hop DX, Iggy Azalea's single "Fancy" featuring Charli XCX remains on the top spot in the sales for R&B/Hip Hop singles. "Fancy" has been at the top of the R&B/Hip-Hop singles charts for ten weeks already! As of this writing, Iggy and Charli XCX's song has been on the charts for a total of 18 weeks.
"Fancy" has already reached double platinum status due to its sales of 2,703,842 units. For the week of July 6, 2014, it has sold 171,075 copies.
Iggy is also part of the Top 15 R&B/Hip-Hop singles charts because of her participation in the "No Mediocre" single by T.I. which is on the 14th spot and has sold 28,227 copies for the week of July 6, 2014.
As for Nicki Minaj, she only lands on the Top 5 spot for her song "Pills N Potions" which has sold only 43,779 copies for the week of July 6, 2014.
Check out the list below to see the other artists who made it to the Top of the charts including Jason Derulo, John Legend and Pharrell Williams.
Top 10 Hip Hop Singles Sales: Week of July 6, 2014
1. Iggy Azalea featuring Charli XCX - "Fancy" - 171,075 (2,703,842)
2. Jason Derulo featuring Snoop Dogg - "Wiggle" - 120,192 (1,178,097)
3. John Legend - "All Of Me" - 69,776 (4,368,028)
4. Pharrell Williams - "Happy" - 63,776 (5,807,147)
5. Nicki Minaj - "Pills N Potions" - 43,779 (359,154)
6. Lil Wayne featuring Drake - "Believe Me" - 41,989 (368,785)
7. Busta Rhymes featuring Eminem - "Calm Down" - 40,133 (40,133)
8. Pharrell Williams featuring Miley Cyrus - "Come Get It Bae" - 39,971 (327,149)
9. Chris Brown featuring Lil Wayne & French Montana - "Loyal" - 37,659 (935,578)
10. Jason Derulo featuring 2 Chainz - "Talk Dirty" - 32,536 (3,813,236)
*All sales data courtesy of Nielsen Soundscan.
It's interesting to note that the list above has a lot of collaborations with other artists including Miley Cyrus, Lil Wayne and Eminem.
That's the latest battle between Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea, wherein Iggy wins! Let's see if she still keeps her top spot at the R&B/Hip-Hop Singles Sales for the Week of July 13, 2014 or if Nicki Minaj is able to slowly inch her way towards becoming number one. Keep reading the International Business Times (IBT) for the latest update about Iggy Azalea and Nicki Minaj, as well as other news about entertainment, sports, finance, technology, health and business.
Watch the video below of "Fancy" featuring Charli XCX:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales