Tour de France 2014 Live Streaming: Stage 10 TV Schedule, Standings & Results: Mulhouse to La Planche des Belles Filles
By Lou Imperial | July 14, 2014 6:43 PM EST
Sunday's race gave riders another grueling test with a series of tough climbs. Monday's race will be even more excruciating as they take on a 163-kilometer mountainous stage with a summit finish waiting in its end.
The pack of riders cycles on its way during the 170-km ninth stage of the Tour de France cycling race between Gerardmer and Mulhouse July 13, 2014. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen (FRANCE - Tags: SPORT CYCLING)
Germany's Tony Martin reigned supreme in the medium-mountain Stage 9 from Gérardmer to Mulhouse. Though it featured six category climbs, the last 43km of the 170-km ride featured downhill and flat roads, allowing the sprinters to take center stage once again.
Martin, considered as one of the best sprinters in the history of Tour de France, captured his third career individual stage victory in the prestigious pedal race.
"It's incredible," Martin said in the presser. "And it was a great feeling to have a lot of German fans around me. It was amazing to win a road race and not just a time trial and to have time to celebrate it in the last 10 minutes."
Meanwhile, it was a triumphant day for France on Bastille Day with homegrown talent Tony Gallopin of UCI ProTeam Lotto-Belisol taking the yellow jersey from Vincenzo Nibali, who held the famous jersey for seven stages.
"Since the cobblestone stage I have been thinking about the yellow jersey but it was a dream." Gallopin told reporters during the post-stage press conference via the Guardian on Sunday "And dreams and reality are not the same. But now I am so happy."
Gallopin became only the second Frenchman in the decade to capture the yellow jersey on Bastille Day. Tommy Voeckler was the last rider to accomplish such feat.
Stage 10: Mulhouse - La Planche des Belles Filles
The Mullhouse to La Planche des Belles Filles stage will serve as the first big test for the general classification contenders to showcase their talent and earn minutes ahead of their competitors.
Former Tour de France champion Alberto Contador, Richi Porte and Nabali took the backseat in the final kilometers of Stage 9, but these bikers are expected to go all-out in this race that features a final climb that reaches grades of an amazing 20 percent gradient.
"The general classification contenders, meanwhile, bode their time and rested their bodies. For Vincenzo Nibali, Alberto Contador and Richie Porte today's 161.5km 10th stage from Mulhouse to La Planche des Belle Filles is really the race of truth," The Guardian reported.
Stage 10: Prediction
Contador will be the favorite to win this kind of race because of his resume as a powerful climber. Spain's Joaquim Rodriguez and Australia Richie Porte could also be in the mix down the end, while Alejandro Valverde would love to assume his role as a darkhorse.
Live Stream Information
NBCSN (US Viewers) and ITV4 (UK) starts TV coverage of Stage 10 at 7:00 a.m EST, while free live streaming is available on NBC Sports Extra (US), ITV4 (UK), and SBS Live Stream (Australia). Latest standings and news update are available on Tour de France 2014.
For more Tour de France live stream update, read more at IBT Sports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch