Shakira Brings Her Son Milan on Stage During the Finale Performance of 2014 FIFA World Cup Closing Ceremony [Watch Video]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 14, 2014 5:56 PM EST
Colombian singer-songwriter Shakira brought her son Milan on stage during the finale performance of the 20-minute show at the 2014 FIFA World Cup Closing Ceremony in Maracana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Singer Shakira holds her son Milan during the 2014 World Cup closing ceremony at the Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro July 13, 2014. REUTERS/Eddie Keogh
The 37-year old singer donned a red sequined dress with fringe skirt while holding little Milan in her arms. The little boy was dressed in a striped green and white shirt with off-white pants at the World Cup stage, but he may not have realized the honour yet until he gets a little older.
In an article from Daily Mail, Shakira's little lad was shown doted upon by the hiphop recording artist Wyclef Jean and Latin Grammy Award-winning singer Ivete Sangalo as the performers were rendering the final presentation. The super group performed with Mexican and American musician Carlos Santana and Brazilian singer Alexandre Pires. At the finale performance, Shakira proudly displayed her love for Milan as she was all smiles while carrying her bundle of joy at the World Cup stadium.
Shakira who also performed at the World Cup opening ceremony, gave an award-winning rendition of her song "Dare" La La La (Brazil 2014) prior to the final game between Germany and Argentina. She sang, played a drum, and danced while she was accompanied by Brazilian musician Carlinhos Brown and samba dancers.
The proud Mom then turned to Twitter and updated her 26 million followers. "That was so much fun! ¡Increíble! ShakHQ," Shakira posted. She included her tweet with photos of her son Milan on stage along with other photos on her raunchy performance.
Just as football fans stood on their feet during the live performance at the World Cup closing ceremony, fans also tweeted words of praise to the singer. One user @KotadiaAlnoor stated: "Loved your performance ..lalalalala" Another user @samybutanda also tweeted: "You were amazing Shak! Te Quiero!" Other followers have expressed their commendation to the singer's performance at the social media in Spanish version.
Billboard described the upbeat closing ceremony with Shakira, Jean, and the rest of the super group as a bittersweet sendoff to the host country Brazil who landed only on the fourth place after the humiliating 3-0 defeat against Netherlands.
Watch Shakira performed La la la at the 2014 FIFA World Cup Closing Ceremony on YouTube.
*video from YouTube/news .videos
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares