Kim Kardashian Says Pregnant Women Should Go Into Hiding if They Don't Know How to Style: Gets Criticised, Calls it a Joke
By nidhi tewari | July 14, 2014 5:43 PM EST
Little did Kim Kardahashian know that a comment made jokingly about pregnant women would backfire at her so much that she would have to explain it! Kim Kardashian stirred up controversy in her latest interview with Elle magazine where she has advised pregnant women to go into hiding for all nine months if they do not have a pregnancy style. She even asked pregnant ladies to get covered up in a huge blanket rather than have a style statement! However the reality television star had to take to Twitter to explain her comments and said that she did not really mean what she said in that interview.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Angry Kim Kardashian Hits Back At Allegations She Cheated on Ex-Husband Kris Humphries; Calls Andrey a Convict and a Liar
Kim Kardashian' s Racy Past Surfaces: Kim Allegedly Cheated on Ex-Husband Kris Humphries with his Best Friend
"I recommend hiding for a good year and having no pregnancy style. That's what I recommend. If you can do it, hide. Never leave the house," Kim said in her Elle magazine interview when she was asked to give tips to pregnant women on styling.
Her younger sister Khloe, who was also simultaneously interviewed, called Kim's advice as impractical and urged her to give a "practical answer." The reality television star stressed that this is really her recommendation. "Wear a huge blanket," the mommy to North West also added.
The 33-year-old reality star then also advised pregnant women to wear same clothes in bigger sizes but her "hiding in the house" comment faced severe backlash online. The "Keeping up with the Kardashians" star then had to come out on Twitter and give her side of story. She dismissed everything by saying that her comment was made in the light mood and should not be taken seriously.
"I guess you can't be sarcastic when doing interviews! I was asked about tips on pregnancy style.....," Kim says on Twitter.
"I jokingly said pregnant woman should hide/stay in if they looked like I did lol. I said ask Kourt her tips bc she has the best preg style," the reality star further adds.
Kim also wrote on Twitter that she should start videotaping her interviews from now on so that people get to see what her real intentions were when she made a particular comment. "I really should start video taping the interviews I do & post on my website so u can see the laughs & how it's really said," the reality star added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed