Kim Kardashian Says Pregnant Women Should Go Into Hiding if They Don't Know How to Style: Gets Criticised, Calls it a Joke
By nidhi tewari | July 14, 2014 5:43 PM EST
Little did Kim Kardahashian know that a comment made jokingly about pregnant women would backfire at her so much that she would have to explain it! Kim Kardashian stirred up controversy in her latest interview with Elle magazine where she has advised pregnant women to go into hiding for all nine months if they do not have a pregnancy style. She even asked pregnant ladies to get covered up in a huge blanket rather than have a style statement! However the reality television star had to take to Twitter to explain her comments and said that she did not really mean what she said in that interview.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Angry Kim Kardashian Hits Back At Allegations She Cheated on Ex-Husband Kris Humphries; Calls Andrey a Convict and a Liar
Kim Kardashian' s Racy Past Surfaces: Kim Allegedly Cheated on Ex-Husband Kris Humphries with his Best Friend
"I recommend hiding for a good year and having no pregnancy style. That's what I recommend. If you can do it, hide. Never leave the house," Kim said in her Elle magazine interview when she was asked to give tips to pregnant women on styling.
Her younger sister Khloe, who was also simultaneously interviewed, called Kim's advice as impractical and urged her to give a "practical answer." The reality television star stressed that this is really her recommendation. "Wear a huge blanket," the mommy to North West also added.
The 33-year-old reality star then also advised pregnant women to wear same clothes in bigger sizes but her "hiding in the house" comment faced severe backlash online. The "Keeping up with the Kardashians" star then had to come out on Twitter and give her side of story. She dismissed everything by saying that her comment was made in the light mood and should not be taken seriously.
"I guess you can't be sarcastic when doing interviews! I was asked about tips on pregnancy style.....," Kim says on Twitter.
"I jokingly said pregnant woman should hide/stay in if they looked like I did lol. I said ask Kourt her tips bc she has the best preg style," the reality star further adds.
Kim also wrote on Twitter that she should start videotaping her interviews from now on so that people get to see what her real intentions were when she made a particular comment. "I really should start video taping the interviews I do & post on my website so u can see the laughs & how it's really said," the reality star added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market