Kim Kardashian Says Pregnant Women Should Go Into Hiding if They Don't Know How to Style: Gets Criticised, Calls it a Joke
By nidhi tewari | July 14, 2014 5:43 PM EST
Little did Kim Kardahashian know that a comment made jokingly about pregnant women would backfire at her so much that she would have to explain it! Kim Kardashian stirred up controversy in her latest interview with Elle magazine where she has advised pregnant women to go into hiding for all nine months if they do not have a pregnancy style. She even asked pregnant ladies to get covered up in a huge blanket rather than have a style statement! However the reality television star had to take to Twitter to explain her comments and said that she did not really mean what she said in that interview.
Television personality Kim Kardashian arrives at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014.
Angry Kim Kardashian Hits Back At Allegations She Cheated on Ex-Husband Kris Humphries; Calls Andrey a Convict and a Liar
Kim Kardashian' s Racy Past Surfaces: Kim Allegedly Cheated on Ex-Husband Kris Humphries with his Best Friend
"I recommend hiding for a good year and having no pregnancy style. That's what I recommend. If you can do it, hide. Never leave the house," Kim said in her Elle magazine interview when she was asked to give tips to pregnant women on styling.
Her younger sister Khloe, who was also simultaneously interviewed, called Kim's advice as impractical and urged her to give a "practical answer." The reality television star stressed that this is really her recommendation. "Wear a huge blanket," the mommy to North West also added.
The 33-year-old reality star then also advised pregnant women to wear same clothes in bigger sizes but her "hiding in the house" comment faced severe backlash online. The "Keeping up with the Kardashians" star then had to come out on Twitter and give her side of story. She dismissed everything by saying that her comment was made in the light mood and should not be taken seriously.
"I guess you can't be sarcastic when doing interviews! I was asked about tips on pregnancy style.....," Kim says on Twitter.
"I jokingly said pregnant woman should hide/stay in if they looked like I did lol. I said ask Kourt her tips bc she has the best preg style," the reality star further adds.
Kim also wrote on Twitter that she should start videotaping her interviews from now on so that people get to see what her real intentions were when she made a particular comment. "I really should start video taping the interviews I do & post on my website so u can see the laughs & how it's really said," the reality star added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- Emmy Awards 2014: Where To Watch Live Online, Top Nominations [VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- US, Syria to Work Together to Vaporise ISIS
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU