The Fault in Our Stars Leading Man Ansel Elgort Demands People to Stop Calling Him a Model
By Annie Dee | July 14, 2014 5:25 PM EST
Launched into fame playing Caleb Prior and Augustus Waters in "The Fault in Our Stars," Ansel Elgort is not comfortable with the idea of being looked at as a model. In fact, he will do anything not to be called one!
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Ansel Elgort is catching the eye of movie producers and moviegoers for being easy on the eyes and for being good at acting. However, the young actor does not like being called a model. Wikipedia did and Ansel kind of lost it, Cosmopolitan reports.
"[D]oesnt make me a model. can one of you amazing people take that shit off there? I will be forever thankful," the actor tweeted. "I would do anything to get my wikipedia page to not say i am a model. just because ive done photo shoots for acting like any other actor," Ansel promptly followed up the first tweet.
Obviously, this is really a big deal for the young actor. Cosmopolitan, however, is putting out there for Ansel Elgort that he can change the Wikipedia entry himself. It is, after all, Wikipedia and not all things written there should be taken at face value.
Elgort is never one to wallow on fame, too, adds the site. In a recent interview with the Big Issue magazine, the 20-year-old star is noticeably down to earth and humble despite all the fame he earned and the number of Twitter followers he gained.
In addition, despite all the adoration and love he received from his fans, he said he cannot take credit for it at all. Rather, he wanted to thank the role that cinched it for him, Augustus Waters of John Green's phenomenal novel, "The Fault in Our Stars." He thinks fans like him not because of who he is. He thinks every time a fan screams his name, the fan is thinking of Augustus and not him.
"If I had never done this role no one would ever be sending me 'I love you I love you I love you'. I'm not going to try and take credit for it," Ansel Elgort shared deeply.
doesnt make me a model. can one of you amazing people take that shit off there? I will be forever thankful
— Ansel Elgort (@AnselElgort) July 12, 2014
I would do anything to get my wikipedia page to not say i am a model. just because ive done photo shoots for acting like any other actor. — Ansel Elgort (@AnselElgort) July 12, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories