The Fault in Our Stars Leading Man Ansel Elgort Demands People to Stop Calling Him a Model
By Annie Dee | July 14, 2014 5:25 PM EST
Launched into fame playing Caleb Prior and Augustus Waters in "The Fault in Our Stars," Ansel Elgort is not comfortable with the idea of being looked at as a model. In fact, he will do anything not to be called one!
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Ansel Elgort is catching the eye of movie producers and moviegoers for being easy on the eyes and for being good at acting. However, the young actor does not like being called a model. Wikipedia did and Ansel kind of lost it, Cosmopolitan reports.
"[D]oesnt make me a model. can one of you amazing people take that shit off there? I will be forever thankful," the actor tweeted. "I would do anything to get my wikipedia page to not say i am a model. just because ive done photo shoots for acting like any other actor," Ansel promptly followed up the first tweet.
Obviously, this is really a big deal for the young actor. Cosmopolitan, however, is putting out there for Ansel Elgort that he can change the Wikipedia entry himself. It is, after all, Wikipedia and not all things written there should be taken at face value.
Elgort is never one to wallow on fame, too, adds the site. In a recent interview with the Big Issue magazine, the 20-year-old star is noticeably down to earth and humble despite all the fame he earned and the number of Twitter followers he gained.
In addition, despite all the adoration and love he received from his fans, he said he cannot take credit for it at all. Rather, he wanted to thank the role that cinched it for him, Augustus Waters of John Green's phenomenal novel, "The Fault in Our Stars." He thinks fans like him not because of who he is. He thinks every time a fan screams his name, the fan is thinking of Augustus and not him.
"If I had never done this role no one would ever be sending me 'I love you I love you I love you'. I'm not going to try and take credit for it," Ansel Elgort shared deeply.
doesnt make me a model. can one of you amazing people take that shit off there? I will be forever thankful
— Ansel Elgort (@AnselElgort) July 12, 2014
I would do anything to get my wikipedia page to not say i am a model. just because ive done photo shoots for acting like any other actor. — Ansel Elgort (@AnselElgort) July 12, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan