Kylie Minogue on Emotional Roller Coaster Ride: Laughs and Breaks Down as She Talks about Breast Cancer and Ex-Lover [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | July 14, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Kylie Minogue has been on an emotional roller coaster ride during her recent interview on 60 Minutes Australia where she not only opened about her late ex-boyfriend Michael Hutchence but also broke down while speaking about her battle to defeat breast cancer. The 46-year-old Voice coach said she was asked to unleash her selfish side while she was fighting cancer as she had to let other people take care of her during that period.
Singer Kylie Minogue attends 25th Annual GLAAD Media Awards at the Waldorf Astoria in New York, May 3, 2014. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz
The gorgeous blonde still wonders how she coped up with something as deadly as cancer but says she has learned to take life in a new stride from her experience in 2005.
"Erm, it's really hard to... to...many things. I know I have strength but when you're fighting something where there is a lot of unknown it's a mixture, a mixture of emotions and memories," Kylie said during her interview at 60 Minutes.
She even called the time a miracle when her hair started growing back once she was disease free.
"It is years until you really get the all clear and by the time my hair started growing back it was very exciting, it was like a miracle," Kylie added.
The singer then went on to reveal intimate details about her ex-boyfriend Michael Hutchence who committed suicide in the 90s. The singer could not control her tears when she recalled Michael as a really cool guy who taught her a lot about life. Read more about them here.
The host Karl Stefanovic then asked Kylie about that famous pick-up line used by Michael on Kylie when the two were dating in the 80s. Kylie did not reveal the exact words in her previous interviews but this time she did let her fans get an idea.
"Kylie I don't know whether to take your for lunch or have sex with you," the host Karl revealed saying the famous pick-up line and Kylie burst into laughter.
The singer then summed up her relation for Michael by calling it a "great love" and "true heartbreak" as Michael dumped Kylie for another Danish supermodel Helena Christensen. Check out her full interview video below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones