Kylie Minogue on Emotional Roller Coaster Ride: Laughs and Breaks Down as She Talks about Breast Cancer and Ex-Lover [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | July 14, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Kylie Minogue has been on an emotional roller coaster ride during her recent interview on 60 Minutes Australia where she not only opened about her late ex-boyfriend Michael Hutchence but also broke down while speaking about her battle to defeat breast cancer. The 46-year-old Voice coach said she was asked to unleash her selfish side while she was fighting cancer as she had to let other people take care of her during that period.
Singer Kylie Minogue attends 25th Annual GLAAD Media Awards at the Waldorf Astoria in New York, May 3, 2014. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz
The gorgeous blonde still wonders how she coped up with something as deadly as cancer but says she has learned to take life in a new stride from her experience in 2005.
"Erm, it's really hard to... to...many things. I know I have strength but when you're fighting something where there is a lot of unknown it's a mixture, a mixture of emotions and memories," Kylie said during her interview at 60 Minutes.
She even called the time a miracle when her hair started growing back once she was disease free.
"It is years until you really get the all clear and by the time my hair started growing back it was very exciting, it was like a miracle," Kylie added.
The singer then went on to reveal intimate details about her ex-boyfriend Michael Hutchence who committed suicide in the 90s. The singer could not control her tears when she recalled Michael as a really cool guy who taught her a lot about life. Read more about them here.
The host Karl Stefanovic then asked Kylie about that famous pick-up line used by Michael on Kylie when the two were dating in the 80s. Kylie did not reveal the exact words in her previous interviews but this time she did let her fans get an idea.
"Kylie I don't know whether to take your for lunch or have sex with you," the host Karl revealed saying the famous pick-up line and Kylie burst into laughter.
The singer then summed up her relation for Michael by calling it a "great love" and "true heartbreak" as Michael dumped Kylie for another Danish supermodel Helena Christensen. Check out her full interview video below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports