Kylie Minogue on Emotional Roller Coaster Ride: Laughs and Breaks Down as She Talks about Breast Cancer and Ex-Lover [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | July 14, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Kylie Minogue has been on an emotional roller coaster ride during her recent interview on 60 Minutes Australia where she not only opened about her late ex-boyfriend Michael Hutchence but also broke down while speaking about her battle to defeat breast cancer. The 46-year-old Voice coach said she was asked to unleash her selfish side while she was fighting cancer as she had to let other people take care of her during that period.
Singer Kylie Minogue attends 25th Annual GLAAD Media Awards at the Waldorf Astoria in New York, May 3, 2014. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz
The gorgeous blonde still wonders how she coped up with something as deadly as cancer but says she has learned to take life in a new stride from her experience in 2005.
"Erm, it's really hard to... to...many things. I know I have strength but when you're fighting something where there is a lot of unknown it's a mixture, a mixture of emotions and memories," Kylie said during her interview at 60 Minutes.
She even called the time a miracle when her hair started growing back once she was disease free.
"It is years until you really get the all clear and by the time my hair started growing back it was very exciting, it was like a miracle," Kylie added.
The singer then went on to reveal intimate details about her ex-boyfriend Michael Hutchence who committed suicide in the 90s. The singer could not control her tears when she recalled Michael as a really cool guy who taught her a lot about life. Read more about them here.
The host Karl Stefanovic then asked Kylie about that famous pick-up line used by Michael on Kylie when the two were dating in the 80s. Kylie did not reveal the exact words in her previous interviews but this time she did let her fans get an idea.
"Kylie I don't know whether to take your for lunch or have sex with you," the host Karl revealed saying the famous pick-up line and Kylie burst into laughter.
The singer then summed up her relation for Michael by calling it a "great love" and "true heartbreak" as Michael dumped Kylie for another Danish supermodel Helena Christensen. Check out her full interview video below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues