Kylie Minogue on Emotional Roller Coaster Ride: Laughs and Breaks Down as She Talks about Breast Cancer and Ex-Lover [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | July 14, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Kylie Minogue has been on an emotional roller coaster ride during her recent interview on 60 Minutes Australia where she not only opened about her late ex-boyfriend Michael Hutchence but also broke down while speaking about her battle to defeat breast cancer. The 46-year-old Voice coach said she was asked to unleash her selfish side while she was fighting cancer as she had to let other people take care of her during that period.
Singer Kylie Minogue attends 25th Annual GLAAD Media Awards at the Waldorf Astoria in New York, May 3, 2014. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz
The gorgeous blonde still wonders how she coped up with something as deadly as cancer but says she has learned to take life in a new stride from her experience in 2005.
"Erm, it's really hard to... to...many things. I know I have strength but when you're fighting something where there is a lot of unknown it's a mixture, a mixture of emotions and memories," Kylie said during her interview at 60 Minutes.
She even called the time a miracle when her hair started growing back once she was disease free.
"It is years until you really get the all clear and by the time my hair started growing back it was very exciting, it was like a miracle," Kylie added.
The singer then went on to reveal intimate details about her ex-boyfriend Michael Hutchence who committed suicide in the 90s. The singer could not control her tears when she recalled Michael as a really cool guy who taught her a lot about life. Read more about them here.
The host Karl Stefanovic then asked Kylie about that famous pick-up line used by Michael on Kylie when the two were dating in the 80s. Kylie did not reveal the exact words in her previous interviews but this time she did let her fans get an idea.
"Kylie I don't know whether to take your for lunch or have sex with you," the host Karl revealed saying the famous pick-up line and Kylie burst into laughter.
The singer then summed up her relation for Michael by calling it a "great love" and "true heartbreak" as Michael dumped Kylie for another Danish supermodel Helena Christensen. Check out her full interview video below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced