How to Download and Install iOS 8 beta for iPhone, iPad , iPod
July 14, 2014 4:18 PM EST
iPhone, iPad or iPod touch users can now download the iOS 8 beta in Apple's iOS developer portal which has new APIs, refinements, and new features. iPhone 4 more info on whether or not your device is supported by iOS 8 can be found here.
Apple CEO Tim Cook introduces the IOS 8 operating system during his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California June 2, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
- Interactive notifications
- Safari Tab View Mode
- Frequent Contacts in Multitasking View
- New Mail Gestures, etc.
Download the beta and get started today.
- Be sure to backup your devices using the latest version iTunes or through iCloud backup prior to installing iOS 8 beta
- You need to be a member of Apple's Developer's Program for $99 per year.
- Determine the proper download for iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, or iPhone 5.
- Click here to determine the proper download for iPad Air, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini.
Please follow these guidelines to download the iOS 8 beta 1
1. Sign up at iOS Dev Center.
2. After signing up, sign into iOS Dev Center
- This will require you to sign in with the Apple ID you used to register as an Apple Developer.
3. Find and register the Unique Device Identifier (UDID) of the iOS you want to install the beta on
- To find the UDID- plug your device into iTunes and click on the serial number. Copy this number
4. Register the UDID
5. Once you are in developer portal
Switch to iOS 8 beta section, scroll down and download the required iOS 8 beta firmware for your device.
6. Extract the downloaded file to .IPSW file from .ZIP format
7. Connect your iOS device to PC or a Mac and launch iTunes
8. Restore iPhone
- Hold the Alt key (on Mac) (Shift key on Windows PC), and click on the Restore iPhone button and select the .IPSW file you extracted.
9. Install iOS on your device
- This should take a few minutes. After that, you are all set to go on the latest iOS 8 beta.