True Detective Season 2 Casting Update, Spoilers: Nic Pizzolatto Reveals Details; Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch as ‘Younger and Older’ Lead- Report
By jaskiran kaur | July 14, 2014 3:48 PM EST
"True Detective" Season 2 is one of the most highly anticipated HBO shows' expected to premiere early 2015. Ever since the show wrapped up its first season, "True Detective" fans have been eager to learn more about the next installment. Details about the upcoming season are gradually surfacing hinting at the progress of the show and potential storyline and cast members. Recently, Nic Pizzolatto and HBO execs have revealed some information about the show. Also, two big names- Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch- have emerged as "True Detective" Season 2's potential cast members. Read on to find out the details.
True Detective Season 2 Filming Update: Nic Pizzolatto Reveals Details
Based on the latest interview of "True Detective" creator with The Daily Beast, it is reported that Nic Pizzolatto is almost "halfway" through with the Season 2 script.
Over the period of time, numerous rumours claiming to be the potential details from the show emerged. These details have led to much confusion and speculations. However, Nic Pizzolatto calls them nothing but "empty rumours." At the same time, he confirms the news about multiple directors helming the story of show's next installment.
Pizzolatto revealed that "True Detective" Season 2 will feature four central roles-instead of three as it was rumoured. The show's writer affirmed the reports that the show will be set in California. As for the rumour stating that the second season will revolve around "secret occult history of the U.S. transportation system," Pizzolatto chose not to comment on that.
Rounding of the interview, the report revealed that "True Detective" Season 2 will feature "new characters, new actors, a new setting, and a new story."
True Detective Season 2 Casting Details
Season one of the detective drama featured Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as Rust Cohle and Marty Hart, respectively. Show's intriguing storyline, aesthetic elements, narrative and star power collectively led to the enormous success of the show. In its freshman year, the show not only gained immense fan following and but also 12 nominations for 66th Primetime Emmy Awards.
Even after numerous casting rumours spreading false information, show runners are keeping the details under the wraps. Meanwhile, HBO's programming president Michael Lombardo has addressed the issue and spilled some significant details to The Wrap. Lombardo revealed that some casting announcements can be expected in the next week.
Speaking at the Television Critics Association press tour in Los Angeles, Lombardo promised that fans "will be pleased with the show" that will feature "well-known names."
True Detective Season 2 Casting Speculations: Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch in Line to Join the Cast
Soon after abovementioned details from the show runners, reports about "True Detective" Season 2's potential casts began to surface. While official cast is yet to be announced, fans can expect some big names to join the cast.
According to Deadline, actor Colin Farrell is "deep in negotiations" to portray the role of one of the lead characters in the show. The report notes that HBO has been keeping quiet about the cast so far.
"HBO would not confirm any of the potential castings, but I am confident that Farrell will be in the cast," read the report.
If Colin Farrell joins "True Detective" Season 2 in a lead role, there is still room for more big names to join the cast. According to The Wrap, "Friday Night Lights" star Taylor Kitsch is also "the leading candidate for the younger male lead." The insiders also revealed that Colin Farrell is "nearing a deal for the series' older male lead." However, HBO spokesperson told the Web site that "there is no news to confirm on the casting." What do you think?
"True Detective" Season 2 is yet to receive official premiere date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2