Hobbit 3 Plot Spoilers: Thorin’s Greed and Smaug’s Fury
By Sachin Trivedi | July 14, 2014 3:33 PM EST
New Line Cinema has released the official synopsis with minor spoilers for "Hobbit" 3. The movie will mark the end of the trilogy which took a group of Dwarves, Bilbo Baggins and the wizard Gandalf the Grey to the Lonely Mountain.
Amanda Benavidez dressed as Thranduil, a character from J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit" attends the Anime Expo 2014 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California July 4, 2014. The Anime Expo 2014 is North America's largest celebration of Japanese animation and pop culture and runs through July 6. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
In the previous movie fans of the franchise saw that the company of Dwarves, led by Thorin, was able to drive out Smaug the dragon from the Lonely Mountain. Smaug was last seen heading towards the people of Lake-town, located near the mountain.
Smaug was enraged by the attack by the Dwarves and was nearly killed. He will now unleash his fury on Lake-town. This had always been the biggest concern of the townsfolk who had hoped the dragon was either dead or sleeping and did not want anyone to disturb it.
According to the official synopsis posted on TheOneRing.net, Thorin will get obsessed with the treasure in the mountain and will refuse to share it. Readers who have seen the previous movies will remember that Thorin's grandfather grew mad with his obsession with gold.
Bilbo Baggins will make desperate attempts to make Thorin see reason in "Hobbit" 3. The dragon Smaug is not the only danger faced by the Dwarves. Sauron has sent legions of Orcs to attack the Lonely Mountain. In the previous movie Gandalf was the first to discover Sauron's return in his secret hiding place. He also witnessed the march of his armies.
"Hobbit" 3 will pose a difficult question before all the races in the fantasy world. Elves, Dwarves and Men will have to decide whether they will stand together against the forces of Sauron or die fighting between themselves. Readers who have followed the series will remember that Thorin has not sought good relations with the Elves.
Peter Jackson, the producer of "Hobbit" 3, confirmed that the teaser trailer of the movie was ready and should be available soon. He also said that the full trailer may be released by Oct 2014. The producer also pointed out that the battle scenes involved complex VFX shots and right now they were not up to his expectations.
"Hobbit" 3 will be released on Dec 26, 2014 in Australia, Dec 11 in New Zealand, Dec 12 in the UK and Dec 17 in the U.S. The movie is one of the most highly anticipated for 2014. Fans of the franchise are eagerly waiting to see the fate of the Middle-earth.
Transformers 5 Plot Speculation: Optimus Prime in Search of the Creators [Read]
Ghostbusters 3: Dan Aykroyd Suggests Money Problems Stalling the Movie [Read]
Dr. Strange to Start Filming in Fall - Everything You Need to Know About the Character [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop