Hobbit 3 Plot Spoilers: Thorin’s Greed and Smaug’s Fury
By Sachin Trivedi | July 14, 2014 3:33 PM EST
New Line Cinema has released the official synopsis with minor spoilers for "Hobbit" 3. The movie will mark the end of the trilogy which took a group of Dwarves, Bilbo Baggins and the wizard Gandalf the Grey to the Lonely Mountain.
Amanda Benavidez dressed as Thranduil, a character from J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit" attends the Anime Expo 2014 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California July 4, 2014. The Anime Expo 2014 is North America's largest celebration of Japanese animation and pop culture and runs through July 6. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
In the previous movie fans of the franchise saw that the company of Dwarves, led by Thorin, was able to drive out Smaug the dragon from the Lonely Mountain. Smaug was last seen heading towards the people of Lake-town, located near the mountain.
Smaug was enraged by the attack by the Dwarves and was nearly killed. He will now unleash his fury on Lake-town. This had always been the biggest concern of the townsfolk who had hoped the dragon was either dead or sleeping and did not want anyone to disturb it.
According to the official synopsis posted on TheOneRing.net, Thorin will get obsessed with the treasure in the mountain and will refuse to share it. Readers who have seen the previous movies will remember that Thorin's grandfather grew mad with his obsession with gold.
Bilbo Baggins will make desperate attempts to make Thorin see reason in "Hobbit" 3. The dragon Smaug is not the only danger faced by the Dwarves. Sauron has sent legions of Orcs to attack the Lonely Mountain. In the previous movie Gandalf was the first to discover Sauron's return in his secret hiding place. He also witnessed the march of his armies.
"Hobbit" 3 will pose a difficult question before all the races in the fantasy world. Elves, Dwarves and Men will have to decide whether they will stand together against the forces of Sauron or die fighting between themselves. Readers who have followed the series will remember that Thorin has not sought good relations with the Elves.
Peter Jackson, the producer of "Hobbit" 3, confirmed that the teaser trailer of the movie was ready and should be available soon. He also said that the full trailer may be released by Oct 2014. The producer also pointed out that the battle scenes involved complex VFX shots and right now they were not up to his expectations.
"Hobbit" 3 will be released on Dec 26, 2014 in Australia, Dec 11 in New Zealand, Dec 12 in the UK and Dec 17 in the U.S. The movie is one of the most highly anticipated for 2014. Fans of the franchise are eagerly waiting to see the fate of the Middle-earth.
Transformers 5 Plot Speculation: Optimus Prime in Search of the Creators [Read]
Ghostbusters 3: Dan Aykroyd Suggests Money Problems Stalling the Movie [Read]
Dr. Strange to Start Filming in Fall - Everything You Need to Know About the Character [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS