'Sign Up to Save a Life': Heartfelt Request from Fiancé who Lost Love to Cystic Fibrosis
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 14, 2014 2:53 PM EST
Josh Nelli, fiancé of 23-year-old young Kerry Thorpe, has one message to spread all over the world for sake of his lost love.
Kerry was suffering from cystic fibrosis (CF). After a long wait of two years for a double lung transplantation, she succumbed to death in March before a match was found.
In CF, patients’ lungs become clogged with mucus.
Josh urges everyone to sign up as an organ donor as this would mean someone would get a second chance to live which Kerry didn’t get.
The latest data from NHS Blood and Transplant confirmed “ that despite a 10 percent rise on the number of transplants carried out in 2013-14 on the year prior, the shortage of donors means three people a day still die waiting for their call.”
My message is simple,' he told MailOnline. 'If people register as an organ donor they are registering to one day save someone’s life.
His effort doesn’t end here, Nelli formed a charity in Kerry’s honor, the Kerry Alex Thorpe Trust . He hopes to raise more awareness amongst organ donors to provide more support to the children who are battling this deadly disease.
The charity is now working in collaboration with Ipswich Hospital where Kerry received all her treatment for first 16 years of her life.
NHS wants to increase the donor rate by 50 per cent by end of 2020.
If every one of us think with little more sympathy, it is possible to have greater number of organ donors worldwide, Nelli said.
He added, 'If you’re not a donor, ask yourself why not and at least consider it because the impact you will having is massive. What better gift to others than the second chance at life?
Nellis efforts stressed the message tha with little contribution from all of us, the world can truly be a be a better place.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Father's Emotional Drunk Driving Message Goes Viral
- Australian Health Authorities Seized Traditional Indian Medicines Due To Fear of Lead Poisoning
- Bikini Diets dominate people in Britain: Survey
- Breakthrough: HIV Virus-Killing Condom Developed By Australian Researchers
- Mums-To-Be Face Discrimination at Workplace
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide