'Sign Up to Save a Life': Heartfelt Request from Fiancé who Lost Love to Cystic Fibrosis
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | July 14, 2014 2:53 PM EST
Josh Nelli, fiancé of 23-year-old young Kerry Thorpe, has one message to spread all over the world for sake of his lost love.
Kerry was suffering from cystic fibrosis (CF). After a long wait of two years for a double lung transplantation, she succumbed to death in March before a match was found.
In CF, patients’ lungs become clogged with mucus.
Josh urges everyone to sign up as an organ donor as this would mean someone would get a second chance to live which Kerry didn’t get.
The latest data from NHS Blood and Transplant confirmed “ that despite a 10 percent rise on the number of transplants carried out in 2013-14 on the year prior, the shortage of donors means three people a day still die waiting for their call.”
My message is simple,' he told MailOnline. 'If people register as an organ donor they are registering to one day save someone’s life.
His effort doesn’t end here, Nelli formed a charity in Kerry’s honor, the Kerry Alex Thorpe Trust . He hopes to raise more awareness amongst organ donors to provide more support to the children who are battling this deadly disease.
The charity is now working in collaboration with Ipswich Hospital where Kerry received all her treatment for first 16 years of her life.
NHS wants to increase the donor rate by 50 per cent by end of 2020.
If every one of us think with little more sympathy, it is possible to have greater number of organ donors worldwide, Nelli said.
He added, 'If you’re not a donor, ask yourself why not and at least consider it because the impact you will having is massive. What better gift to others than the second chance at life?
Nellis efforts stressed the message tha with little contribution from all of us, the world can truly be a be a better place.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Medical Marijuana Ads In Canada Facing Crackdown: Health Canada Issues Warning Letters To 20 Licensed Producers
- Australia to Host Human Tests for New Brain Tumour Treatment
- HIV Treatment News: Largest Truvada Trial Happening In Australia
- Ebola Vaccine Shows High Immune System Response In Early Tests; Australia Lifts Travel Ban on Congo
- Ellen DeGeneres Gives El Cajon Man With Viral Weight Loss Video Ford Mustang
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast