How to Maximize Your Nokia Lumia 520's Features
July 14, 2014 2:34 PM EST
Professionals and casual users prefer the Nokia Lumia 520 because of its customisable features. You can adjust the layout and settings according to your specific needs and preferences.
The new Nokia Lumia 520 is pictured during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona
Several apps are also available on the smartphone which allows you to do virtually anything related to your interests or business. Here are some tips on how to maximise the phone's features.
1. Adjust the home screen
If you wish to have your frequently-used apps on the start screen, you can pin these accordingly. You can also move and resise the app tiles to have a more dynamic navigating experience. First, swipe left to go to the apps menu. Next, tap and hold the app. Tap "pin to start" to pin the app and make it visible on the start screen.
If you wish to pin a contact, tap "People" then tap and hold the contact. Finally, tap "pin to start". When pinning contacts, you will find that their feed updates will be visible on the tile. You can then contact these individuals straight from the start screen. To pin a Web site, go to a Web site then tap "pin to start".
Moving a tile can be done by tapping and holding the tile, then drag and drop it to the spot you prefer then tap the screen. To resize a tile, tap and hold the tile then tap the arrow icon to adjust into small, medium or wide. To unpin a tile, tap and hold the tile then tap the unpin icon shown.
2. Add Nokia Lumia 520 extras
Enhancements to your smartphone can be made with the help of supporting software. The app updates will generally appear on the Store Tile immediately after the available update. In some cases, you can download the extras by scanning the QR code using the phone. Hit the "search" button then choose the eye icon at the bottom of the screen. Hold up your phone to get the QR code.
3. Adjust the lock screen
Swipe left on the start screen. Tap "Settings" then "lock screen". You can select the app notifications you wish to see on the lock screen, such as "new messages", "missed calls", etc. To choose, tap a notification slot then select the app you like to see.
4. Adjust the background photo
You can also change the background image on your Nokia Lumia 520. Tap "change photo" then choose a photo. Adjust the size to properly fit the screen then tap the check button. Shuffling photos can be done while the screen is locked via Bing. Choose and switch "Background" to "Bing".
More enhancements and settings can be adjusted on the Nokia Lumia 520 for the ultimate working experience. Do you have other Nokia Lumia 520 hacks you discovered recently? Tell us in the comments!
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments