Jason Momoa to George R.R. Martin: 'Go F**k Yourself ' After Khal Drogo Death in Game of Thrones
By Tanya Diente | July 14, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Before being a star in "Game of Thrones," Jason Momoa was famous for playing a barbarian in "Conan." This eventually landed him a role as Khal Drogo in the first season of the HBO drama. However, much to his disappointment his character was right away killed, to which he recalled telling George R.R. Martin to "Go F**k Yourself."
George R.R. Martin, author of the "Song of Ice and Fire" fantasy series that is the basis of the television series "Game of Thrones", gestures during his masterclass at the Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival (NIFFF) in Neuchatel July 10, 2014.
Jason Momoa sat down with Huffington Live host Alyona Minkovski to talk about his directorial movie "Road to Paloma." During the interview, the actor also talked about his character, Khal Drogo, in "Game of Thrones." As a leader, Khal Drogo was a violent and cruel leader. However, as a husband he was loving and caring.
Momoa recalled his disappointment after learning of his premature death in the first season of the series.
Momoa said he already knew his character, Khal Drogo, won't make it until the end of season one after reading George R.R. Martin's series "A Song of Ice and Fire," which the TV show is based on. The actor recalled his reaction upon learning that Martin had killed his character in the book.
"After George Martin killed me, I was like, 'Go f**k yourself,'" Momoa said.
However, this was all just in jest and the actor's way of expressing how upset he was at the outcome of his character's story. Jason Momoa recalled he was so upset that he got a copy of the book at Barnes and Noble and said he was "bummed out" that Khal Drogo is dead. But the "Conan" star has no ill feelings towards George R.R. Martin and even commended his book for being a "brilliant writing."
"Game of Thrones" may be the end of Khal Drogo but apparently not for Jason Momoa. The 6-foot-4 will also star in "Road to Paloma," which he also co-wrote. According to New York Daily News, the actor couldn't be happier with his movie.
"I am so happy for everything I have, and I'm thrilled to be able to bring it all together for this film," he said.
Jason Momoa has also been rumoured to play Aquaman in Zack Snyder's "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice." However, the actor has repeatedly publicly denied the assumptions, claiming that he's "not involved in it," according to Screenrant. Although he admitted that it was flattering that people would think of him as "Aquaman" material.
"Road to Paloma" will open in US cinemas on July 17. It also stars Jason Momoa's real-life partner Lisa Bonnet as his on-screen love interest.
Source:YouTube/Film Festivals and Indie Films
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed