Glee Season 6 Updates: Lea Michele Tweets Cory Monteith, Remembrance Goes Viral; Naya Rivera Back, Chris Colfer Not Leaving [SPOILER]
By Arlene Paredes | July 14, 2014 1:59 PM EST
The premiere of "Glee" Season 6 has yet to be set, but FOX has confirmed the number of episodes for the final season of the series. Meanwhile, a year since the death of Cory Monteith, Lea Michele posts a Twitter remembrance, which has quickly gone viral in less than 10 hours. There are updates regarding Naya Rivera and Chris Colfer, too.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on Glee Season 5.
"We hold you in our hearts today, and every day we remember your smile. We will love you and miss you always," Lea Michele posted on Twitter on July 13, marking the first death anniversary of her on-and-off-screen boyfriend Cory Monteith, Glee's Finn Hudson. The tweet has so far drawn over 90,000 "retweets" and 100,000 "favourites."
Cory Monteith was found dead in a Vancouver room July 13 a year ago, shocking Glee fans and devastating his family and girlfriend Lea Michele. An emotional tribute for Cory/Finn, titled "The Quarterback," was the third episode of Glee Season 5 (premiered on FOX on Oct. 10).
In Glee Season 5, Lea's Rachel Berry has successfully played Fanny Brice on Broadway's "Funny Girl." She is about to star in a reality TV series, centred on Rachel Berry's life. Rachel has not dated anyone since Finn's death, but she has shared a few subtly romantic moments with Chord Overstreet's Sam Evans.
Glee Season 6 is the final season of the celebrated FOX series. Contrary to rumours, Chris Colfer is not leaving the comedy/variety show. Colfer's and Michele's Twitter accounts were hacked, resulting in a separate rumour involving the latter.
Lea Michele is not pregnant; the rumour was baseless, perpetuated only by whoever hacked Colfer's and Michele's accounts.
"Guess @chriscolfer and I should have known better then [sic] to make our passwords the names of our cats," Michele tweeted on July 4.
Glee Season 6: 13 Episodes, Naya Rivera as Recurring Guest
Glee Season 6 will come in "13 (uninterrupted) episodes," TVLine reported. In a separate report, TVLine confirmed Naya Rivera is coming back to Glee as Santana Lopez, but only as a recurring guest star.
The previous seasons of Glee contained 20 to 23 episodes each - for five straight years.
Santana was only briefly mentioned in the Glee Season 5 finale, reportedly because Naya Rivera has a standing conflict with Lea Michele, who keeps mum on the matter. Rivera and Michele, however, both slam rumours in general in their respective Twitter account.
Glee Season 6 is widely expected to premiere sometime between October 2014 or early 2015. Fans await an official announcement from the FOX network.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
Game of Thrones Season 5 Updates, Dorne in Spain; Littlefinger Actor Talks Motivations with Sansa Stark [SPOILERS]
Devious Maids Season 2 Finale Spoilers: Weddings, Answers, Guns and Broken Hearts [Watch the Promo Video]
Revenge Season 4 Filming Updates: Emily VanCamp, Josh Bowman, Gabriel Mann, James Tupper 'Bring It' for a Renaissance [SPOILERS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date