Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Tips on Freezing Glitch, USB 3.0 Bug, No Internet, 9 Screens and Black Display
By Ryan Inoyori | July 14, 2014 1:49 PM EST
Know the do-it-yourself solutions of some unusual issues found on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 such as freezing glitch, unable to use USB 3.0, no Internet connection, divided display screen and more.
A man uses his mobile phone in front of a giant advertisement promoting Samsung Electronics' new Galaxy S5 smartphone, at an art hall in central Seoul, in this file picture taken April 15, 2014.
Some users sent out emails to DroidGuy in order to find what's going on their Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It includes the glitches on the display screen, issues with Internet connectivity and other system bugs.
The random freezing glitch which may happen even after performing several factory resets or reinstallations on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.
Causes: It is commonly caused by third-party apps which may be written poorly or incompatible with certain system functions and other installed apps on the device.
1. Uninstall the recently installed apps before the issue occurred.
2. If unsure of which app, reboot into Safe Mode. Switch off the Galaxy Note 3 > Press and hold the Power key > When the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the Volume Down key till the lock screen appears > Safe Mode notification will appear at the lower-left of the screen.
3. Under Safe Mode, monitor the device for any freezing issues. Remove whichever apps are causing it.
USB 3.0 Issue
Sometimes, the device won't connect on computers supporting USB 3.0 port even though it is compatible.
Causes: Defective USB cable or does not support USB 3.0; drivers are not installed; corrupted microSD card
1. Make sure that the USB cable is working properly and supports USB 3.0 including the port on the machine. Try other USB cables to determine which cords are defective.
2. Install the Samsung Kies PC Suite on the computer to install the necessary USB drivers for Galaxy Note 3.
3. Corruption on the microSD card can affect USB connectivity. You may need to replace it.
4. Update the software version of the Galaxy Note 3.
5. Enable the USB debugging mode by going to Settings > General > About Device > Tap the build number seven times > Go back > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
Internet Connection Issues
Wi-Fi drop is a very common issue and usually related to signal/range, Internet Service Provider, or software of the device.
1. Make sure the details on the router are the same on the Galaxy Note 3.
2. Double check if there is an Internet connection on the modem/router.
3. For advanced options, check the Internet and security settings of the modem/router such as firewall and network type.
4. Third-party apps may also cause issues with Wi-Fi. Reboot into Safe Mode to find out which app is the culprit.
5. Update the software of the device.
Nine Smaller Screens
A rare issue has been found described as having nine divided smaller screens on the Galaxy Note 3. It is unknown if the problem is an effect from a gesture or application.
1. Pinching on the home screen will zoom it out and bring up the preview of several home screens and it is very common among third-party home launchers.
2. Perform a factory reset to restore the original state of the device.
3. Reboot into Safe Mode to find out which app is causing it.
4. Update the software of the device.
Black Display Screen
One report detailed that the AT&T Galaxy Note 3 may suffer from an issue called "black display screen" after updating to Android KitKat OS. The display screen will appear as black but remains active on running applications as if there is no problem.
1. After the software update, perform a factory reset to remove conflicts from apps.
2. Reboot into Safe Mode to check if the problem still persists.
3. Reinstall the firmware again then perform a factory reset.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- ‘GTA V’ Zombies DLC Cheat Code Proves Character Change For Players---Report
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How