Sam & Cat's Ariana Grande Harbors No Ill Feelings Towards Show's Cancellation or Co-Star Jennette McCurdy
By Annie Dee | July 14, 2014 1:19 PM EST
"Sam & Cat" has officially been cancelled. But Ariana Grande harbours no ill feelings towards Nickelodeon.
While the rumours of "Sam & Cat" getting the axe has been swirling for the past months, Ariana Grande has remained stealthily silent through it all. Her co-star, Jennette McCurdy, on the other hand, was very vocal about her anger at Nickelodeon's management. She even decided to skip the Kid's Choice Awards 2014. Reports speculated that Jennette and Ariana are feuding, especially when McCurdy wrote a letter about a "bad friend." Ariana, however, just focused on promoting her music album and on developing her music career while all these hoopla were going on.
Ariana Grande performs during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
Now that the show's cancellation is announced formally, Ariana Grande also took it upon herself to thank her fans and share her views on the show's cancellation through Twitter, Hollwyood Life reports.
Below are excerpts of what she said in her long tweet, the whole of which could be read here. Noticeably, unlike her co-star McCurdy, Grande does not harbour any ill feelings toward the network at all. If anything, she was very happy for the opportunity to be a Nickelodeon star.
"So the news is out about Sam & Cat. I felt it wasn't my place to make any sort of announcement so I kept quiet until now. I want to thank Nickelodeon for making a childhood dream of mine come true, for being a family to me, for being so accommodating and supportive of my multitasking with my music career, and for of course introducing me to many of my fans however many years ago.
I want to thank Dan Schneider (@DanWarp) for allowing me to play such a special, beautiful character who I hid behind for so long. What I mean by that is when I was younger, people loved Cat so much I used to pretend to be more like her. It took me a long time to be brave enough to separate myself and show people how different we actually are.... I think that's honestly because I admire her so much. Her appreciation for life and everybody she encounters. Her passion and genuine excitement for the little things that most people dread like school projects and work. She always saw negative obstacles as opportunities to make things good."
Considering it won the "Favorite TV Show" award in Nickolodeon's Kid Choice Awards 2014, the show's cancellation certainly left many fans heartbroken.
Instead of abruptly ending, however, Deadline confirms the show will still air one more episode, titled "#Getting Wiggy." This will be the last episode.
"Nickelodeon will not be producing more episodes of Sam & Cat," the network shared in a statement. "We are very proud of the show and its very talented cast and we wish them all the best."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage