Assassin’s Creed for PS3/Xbox 360 Coming, an Animated Short at Comic-Con and Ubisoft’s Gaming Plans
By Gel Galang | July 14, 2014 1:16 PM EST
Ubisoft has been busy showcasing "Assassin's Creed Unity," its upcoming open-world next-gen game for the AC franchise. However, even before the official announcement of this game, the publisher has already stated that they will not forget players of the PS3 and Xbox 360.
A woman dressed as Marie Antoinette from the video game "Assassin's Creed: Unity" promotes the game in the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
Moreover, there have been leaks about what's supposedly called the "Assassin's Creed Comet," which will be the version of the game solely dedicated on the last-gen consoles.
At an investors' call today, GameSpot reports that Ubisoft's CEO Yves Guillermot had hinted at the possibility of another game coming soon. When he was asked about upcoming plans for the "Assassin's Creed" franchise, he did confirm that "Assassin's Creed Unity" is the only game coming for the PS4, Xbox One and PC, but that there will be more details on what they plant to do for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
"We are not forgetting 360 and PS3 players," said Guillermot in a statement to GameSpot. "You will hear more about our plans soon."
The supposed PS3/Xbox 360 game has only come in the form of rumours, with no official announcements from Ubisoft regarding another separate game. But given how Ubisoft has been reiterating that it has not forgotten players who are still in the curren-gen consoles, there is a big chance that an AC game more suited to these consoles will also be released.
An interesting development over at Ubisoft that may or may not affect the upcoming "Assassin's Creed Unity" and supposed game for current-gen consoles is the fact that Ubisoft is adding a few mechanics to how it creates games.
Videogamer reports that Guillermot has stated that in order to speed up the development of its games while also avoiding rolling out "half-baked" titles, they will be reusing previous assets featured in other Ubisoft games.
"Going forward we should reuse more things," said Guillermot to Videogamer. "Today, we will create a car in one studio, and we don't reuse that car in any other games. We need to make sure we can reuse items that people won't care about. That is one direction we can take to optimise the investment."
A Short Set for the Comic Con
Attendees of the San Diego Comic Con have something more to look forward to than a few more details regarding the "Assassin's Creed Unity" game.
As part of the presentation, Rob Zombie and Tony Moore, will be showcasing a short clip in relation to the game. The new short will come from members of "The Walking Dead" crew, but the new short clip will provide a quick demo or even gameplay for "Assassin's Creed Unity."
Polygon reports that the short video will introduce the new protagonist who goes by the name of Arno, and will provide more details for the game. Not only that, the report has also confirmed that there will be a demo of the game for fans. Fans should note that the San Diego Comic Con will be held from July 24 to 27 but the short for "Assassin's Creed Unity" is scheduled to show on July 25 at 2 p.m. in Room 6BCF.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast