Sony Xperia Z3 Leaked with New Images, Compared to Xperia Z2 and Galaxy Note
By Gel Galang | July 14, 2014 12:56 PM EST
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014.
Even before, there have already been a number of leaks pointing to the availability and actuality of the Sony Xperia Z2, but it seems new high-resolution images of an actual unit have been seen. From a stand-alone snapshot of the device to one where it's being compared to the Sony Xperia Z2, Gizbot has compiled a few of these as the leaks continue for Sony's star smartphone.
The site also notes the image seems to confirm some of the features that have been rumoured for the Sony Xperia Z3, including the 2.5-GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 CPU, Adreno 330 graphics, Android 4.4.4 Kitkat OS at the start and the powerful 20.7-MP rear camera.
Sony has yet to confirm the leaked image. In addition, there still remains the rumour that the Sony Xperia Z3 will find its way to Berlin at the official IFA 2014 trade show, though Sony has yet to confirm its presence in the electronics show.
Series of Images Sees Similarities with Sony Xperia Z2
In a string of new leaked images, the Sony Xperia Z3 has been spotted as having a similar design as its predecessor, the Sony Xpera Z2.
There are a few minor changes, according to GSM Arena, the biggest of which is that the Sony Xperia Z3 has curved sides compared to the flat way the Xperia Z2 was constructed, which does not make it easy to handle.
The source also states the speaker has been relocated to the left side of the device, while a second speaker has not been spotted.
Galaxy Note Original Close to Design as Sony Xperia Z3
As though to fuel the fan-fire, a new image of the Sony Xperia Z3 has been leaked. This time, its design has been pointed to the original Galaxy Note device, as seen in the leaked image, which features the two phones side by side.
Sony may have sharper edges overall, but the thin bezels and the home button are close to the original Galaxy Note. Android and Me reports the 20.7-MP camera is what makes the Sony Xperia Z3 an anticipated phone.
However, there is a change from its predecessor, where the second speaker is gone. Hit the link to see the image and be the judge of how Sony Xperia Z3 will fare.
(Credit: YouTube/Megha Syam)
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles