HTC Desire 616 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 14, 2014 12:42 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC Desire 616 or the Motorola Moto G, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 616 comes with a 5-inch capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Moto G however has a slight edge with 326 ppi pixels display density compared to the 294 ppi pixels display density on the Desire 616.
The HTC Desire 616 comes with 142 x 71.9 x 9.2 mm dimensions and weighs 150 grams. The Motorola Moto G comes with 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm dimensions and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 616 is equipped with a 1.7 GHz octa core cortex A7 processor and Mediatek MT6592 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The HTC Desire 616 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and the Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Desire 616 has a slight edge over the Moto G.
The HTC Desire 616 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Motorola Moto G sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The HTC Desire 616 comes with a Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery and Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 616 Dual SIM is priced at around AU $309.95. The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $249.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $299.95 in Australia.
Nokia XL vs. Motorola Moto E Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
LG L90 vs. LG G2 Mini Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS