HTC Desire 616 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 14, 2014 12:42 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC Desire 616 or the Motorola Moto G, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The HTC Desire 616 comes with a 5-inch capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Moto G however has a slight edge with 326 ppi pixels display density compared to the 294 ppi pixels display density on the Desire 616.
The HTC Desire 616 comes with 142 x 71.9 x 9.2 mm dimensions and weighs 150 grams. The Motorola Moto G comes with 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm dimensions and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC Desire 616 is equipped with a 1.7 GHz octa core cortex A7 processor and Mediatek MT6592 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The HTC Desire 616 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and the Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power the Desire 616 has a slight edge over the Moto G.
The HTC Desire 616 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Motorola Moto G sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The HTC Desire 616 comes with a Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery and Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The HTC Desire 616 Dual SIM is priced at around AU $309.95. The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $249.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $299.95 in Australia.
Nokia XL vs. Motorola Moto E Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
LG L90 vs. LG G2 Mini Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff